Any master list of which amps are used by each preset?

bfinn19

Hi folks -

Has anyone created a cross-referenced list of which amp models are used by which presets? So if I want to find all presets which use, say, a super reverb or matchless, I can use them as starting points when developing a preset for a specific amp (same with cabs)

I started to work on this back on the Ultra, but then all the presets changed with one of the firmware updates, and I gave up.

Seems like this kind of search feature might be a nice addition to Axe-Edit...

IIRC, Fractool can tell you that as one of its many functions. Check the thread and vid a forum search should bring it up.

I just downloaded and checked out the FracTool, which is a great little tool BTW.

But it doesn't seem provide a way to conduct a search for an Amp name and show a results listing of all the preset names that use the Amp, which I believer the original post was inquiring about. I would also love to be able to type an amp name in a search box and have the results show me which presets utilize that amp. Does a list of tool like this exist anywhere? I was hoping Yek's very extensive literature and PDF booklet (which is great!) would provide this, but it doesn't seem to either.

I just downloaded and checked out the FracTool, which is a great little tool BTW.

But it doesn't seem provide a way to conduct a search for an Amp name and show a results listing of all the preset names that use the Amp, which I believer the original post was inquiring about. I would also love to be able to type an amp name in a search box and have the results show me which presets utilize that amp. Does a list of tool like this exist anywhere? I was hoping Yek's very extensive literature and PDF booklet (which is great!) would provide this, but it doesn't seem to either.
i think the intent of the Presets is to be a starting point. not every amp is represented in the presets. you can easily change the amp to the Type you are looking for and adjust as needed. i think too much emphasis is placed on "Presets made by others" sometimes. :)

Yek also provided presets of these amps somewhere in the thread/forum. Else spent some money and buy Fremen or Moke's presets. Also the axe fx WIKI provides loads of info.

Presets from others is nice for quick learning, but they mostly never satisfy as there are so many parameters that are different: guitar, pickups, amplification, speakers, monitors & taste ;)

Best start is:

- empty preset
- have your amp & cab selected
- set it to the tips provided in the pdf
- use your ears and do some tweaking

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom