Any Macbook Pro USB 3 issues?

DefaultM

I'm going to get one of the new 15" retina macbook pro models, but first wondered if there are any known issues with connecting the axe fx 2 by USB 3? It won't work with my current windows machine.

Also any issues with Mavericks and logic pro x?

I don't have Logic Pro x, but my 13" retina with mavericks and USB 3 is the best I've use with the axe fx ii - no problems here. I record with cubase.

Yep likewise can't comment on USB 3.0, though my macbook pro (mavericks), Logic Pro X and Axe-FX II work like a dream.

No problems on my new Macbook Pro Retina either, and I'm loving the super fast response of the SSD.

Thanks guys, just ordered the maxed out version (though without the 1TB hdd). Sick of having windows laptops that won't run without clicking and spluttering audio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a new Mac Pro with usb3.
Won't see my usb until I plug it into an old Mac Pro and than my new Mac Pro.
Something not right in the axe fx cause I have tried in 3 other macs with usb 2 and the axe doesn't get seen.
That is the only reason why I keep a old 2007 Mac Pro in my studio.
So I think some axe fx's have a usb recognition problem.
I have learned to live with it.

2009 Macbook Pro with Mavericks and Logic Pro X works fine with me.

I feel that it's a little like an old man who's been brought out of retirement though. My laptops zimmerframe seems a little shaky. ;)

No problems with 3.0 and Logic. You can use AXE as aggregate device too. You need to change sample rate of your main sound card to 48 000 and it works! Reamping also work fine as aggregate device. I have MBP 2013 retina and stainberg MR816 csx.

Back
Top Bottom