Any Liquid Foot Pro/ Axe-Fx III users who can help me?

Chuk

Inspired
I've just received my AxeFXIII and I'm setting up the Liquid Foot Pro (the original series not the + series) to connect.
I copied all my midi settings from my AxeFxII across into the AxeFxIII.
The Fractal settings mostly ported straight across but there are a couple of variations.
I haven't been able to get the SCENE CHANGE settings to work properly on the AxeFXIII when using the LF Pro. They work perfectly on the AxeFxII.

The SCENE SELECT (CC34) & SCENE INC/DEC (CC 126/124) are the same in both units yet the Scenes change as per usual in the AxeFX2 but act strangely in the AxeFX3.
I only setup four scenes in the LFPro (on S7,S8,S9,S10).
When I change a patch all the default red leds activate in the appropriate locations/pedals. When I push a scene change button (S7-10) the AxeFX3 changes to the appropriate scene but the whole foot controller 'locks up' for seven (7) seconds exactly. I timed it over and over again. After seven seconds all the default red leds go out leaving the selected Scene Change button as the only light on the board. Each time, after seconds has elapsed, the LF Pro becomes functional again until the next scene change.
When I plug in my AxeFX2 everything works as it should.
There must be a 'rogue' setting I guess. Do you know what could be causing this?
Has anyone had a similar experience?

Last edited:
Not an LF user, but doesn't the LF have an Axe Fx mode? If so, you won't be able to use that with the Axe Fx III.

Have you set the CCs up in the Axe Fx? If you set scene CC to 34, it might just work as that is the default value on the Axe Fx II.

Not an LF user, but doesn't the LF have an Axe Fx mode? If so, you won't be able to use that with the Axe Fx III.

Have you set the CCs up in the Axe Fx? If you set scene CC to 34, it might just work as that is the default value on the Axe Fx II.

Tx for your quick response unix-guy.
Yes, the LF Pro has an AxeFX2 mode but it doesn't recognise the AxeFx3 specifically and won't 'autoload' settings.
Yes I DO have CC34 set for scene select in the AxeFx2 and AxeFx3. All the settings are identical pertaining to Scene control.

Tx for your quick response unix-guy.
Yes, the LF Pro has an AxeFX2 mode but it doesn't recognise the AxeFx3 specifically and won't 'autoload' settings.
Yes I DO have CC34 set for scene select in the AxeFx2 and AxeFx3. All the settings are identical pertaining to Scene control.
I see you edited the OP...

Sounds like you are potentially still trying to use Axe Fx Mode with the Axe Fx III. I would turn that off...

Seems like there is bidirectional communication happening, but the LF doesn't understand the Axe Fx III protocol.

Are you using a single midi cable or two? If using two, try with just one from LF midi out to Axe Fx III midi in.

Yes LFoot will need updated firmware, same as the RJM stuff to enable the bi-directional (not sure how responsive Jeff is these days). I'd set it to a generic device, set the midi number and program the CC's. Should be able to get it working pretty easily. Then get in line and wait with the rest of us for the midi spec to be unleashed.

I see you edited the OP...

Sounds like you are potentially still trying to use Axe Fx Mode with the Axe Fx III. I would turn that off...

Seems like there is bidirectional communication happening, but the LF doesn't understand the Axe Fx III protocol.

Are you using a single midi cable or two? If using two, try with just one from LF midi out to Axe Fx III midi in.

Update: I reloaded LF Pro firmware and I "Erased All Data" in the LF Pro and started from scratch with NO SYNC. Long story short, I'm back to where I started. Scene change DOES work but STILL locks up the controller for seven seconds. I'm just about done with this thing after hours of reprogramming and button crunching.

Don’t Use axefx mode. Set it to generic and set the ccs, or pc’s. Lfoot is as powerful as any. I’ve had a jr, pro and 12+, if it weren’t for the small lcd screens I’d still have the +. Hang in there.

Don’t Use axefx mode. Set it to generic and set the ccs, or pc’s. Lfoot is as powerful as any. I’ve had a jr, pro and 12+, if it weren’t for the small lcd screens I’d still have the +. Hang in there.

I'm not using AxeFX mode. Patrick Voes helped me by checking out the Scene settings (as seen on the LF Editor screen) and suggested I remove a reference to SPECIAL - EXTERNAL SYNC. I followed his advice and now Scenes work just fine. I haven't been able to work out how to programme the BANK UP/DN buttons yet. I don't recall ever having to do that before.

Back
Top Bottom