Any Kemper Experts Here?

No help here, but interesting for me. I thought I knew my monitors and ears pretty well, I guess not :) I listened to the clip a few times on desktop mons at low volume, thought all three sounded pretty good and pretty similar except for the Kemper being lower volume. Then I put on my trusty AKG k271s. Massive difference in detail! The Kemper sounds awful by comparison (when turned up to match the other two). Amp and Axe-Fx are very close to each other, slight edge to the amp in this case.

Now I'm thinking of all the mix decisions and forum comments I've ever made based on what I heard on these desktop monitors o_O

So I figured I'd profile my Deluxe Reverb. I'm using a reactive load so I chose No Cabinet.

If I were you I would use a simple, passive DI box. The reactive load may add something unwanted.

I visited their forum once. It was the equivalent to walking into a restaurant in NYC about a month ago.

Typical Pro-Fractal-Kemper-Detractor. This kind of attitude always makes me laugh, from both sides.
I owned the Profiler and I can tell you a lot of people there are willing to help , and there are also the ones to make those subtle low blows.

Here's what I'm getting. The first clip is the amp, the second the Axe-Fx III and the third is the Kemper. I've quadruple-checked all connections and I'm stumped.

www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/dlx_rvb.mp3
Something has got to be effed up. That was horrible. That said, I got a very similar sounding distortion result after trying to profile my ‘68 DR reissue.
as someone else said above - I had multiple Kempers. I think 5 before I sold the last one. I have bought one AxeFX and it isn’t going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom