Any issues with running verb and delay in front of amp Blk

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I know running delay and been before the amp makes them mono. Does anyone know if there will be any phase cancelation or weirdness in the sound by putting them in front of the amp?

Some fx default with reverse phase on one side only (eg 2290 delay) and you won’t hear any delay until you switch phase reverse to “none” or “both”.

No issue with most effect types (2290 is an exception) , aside from the obvious change in tone that arises from running them pre gain. I'm guessing that's what you're after anyway :)

Some fx default with reverse phase on one side only (eg 2290 delay) and you won’t hear any delay until you switch phase reverse to “none” or “both”.
I def had the 2290 in mind as one that has the issue

I run analog delay types and spring reverbs in front of the amp. And yes, every bit of amp drive is going to impact the delay and reverb in a very different way than if it was after the amp block. For tape delays and all other reverbs, I run after the amp. It’s less like a traditional pedalboard setup but sounds clearer to my ears.

You might want to avoid reverb Stereo Spread greater than 100% - some widening techniques aren’t phase coherent. Since it’s heading into a mono block, you might as well set spread to 0.

There’s no right or wrong though, try it and if it sounds good, it is good.

Back
Top Bottom