Any Info/Teasers on the next Firmware release?

smilefan

Experienced
Any info or teasers out there on the next firmware release?
What it might contain? Timeline? Shutup and be thankful for
what you have? (I am).

few months ago Cliff was asking about a Cameron modded 5150 schematic on rig-talk... that might be around the corner, that and the plexi is all i've heard.

I'd rather see midi merge in the MFC and a stable AxeEdit for Mac vs. A new amp model.But that's me.
AxeEdit 191 is perfectly stable for me on both Mac and Win7x64 platforms. Most issues I see that are AxeEdit related are basically hardware support (or lack thereof in midi sysex implementation) by the interface vendors. My M-Audio UNO and 2x2 Anniv work flawlessly on both OS'es.
Yes, merge in MFC would be nice. :)

AxeEdit 191 crashes after every user CAB IR audition or sync here, and at too-frequent random intervals.

AxeEdit 191 is perfectly stable for me on both Mac and Win7x64 platforms. Most issues I see that are AxeEdit related are basically hardware support (or lack thereof in midi sysex implementation) by the interface vendors. My M-Audio UNO and 2x2 Anniv work flawlessly on both OS'es.
Yes, merge in MFC would be nice. :)

+1. I used to use a cheap USB/MIDI cable and it used to freeze often. No freezes or issues once I moved to TASCAM US-1642 audio interface with USB 2.0 support. There are many threads confirming the relation between a good MIDI interface and stable AxeEdit operation.

I've had zero issues with the editor using the Lexicon I-ONIX U22 midi in/out. WinXP machine for all that here; ancient computer still cranking along, but nothing new and shiny for sure.

New Amp Model Preview
Jose Arrendondo modded Plexi:

www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/bg.mp3

;)

OMG, I thought this was a joke. I googled it and found the OP, it came out while I was on vacation.

I can't wait to get my hands on this one, I'm a big fan of the Jose Plexi. I thought long and hard about having Cameron mod one to those specs several years before getting the Axe-FX. I backed out because it just wasn't worth the cost to me back then, but I'm pumped it's coming in the Axe-FX.

Some of my favorite Marshall tones were had by Peter Frampton with a Jose modded Plexi.

D

I'd rather see midi merge in the MFC and a stable AxeEdit for Mac vs. A new amp model.

But that's me.

The fact that Cliff posted a teaser for a new amp model does not mean that there won't be new features other than amp models in the new firmware.

Last edited:
AxeEdit 191 crashes after every user CAB IR audition or sync here, and at too-frequent random intervals.
Instead of complaining, perhaps you should provide details on your hardware, OS, firmware and AxeEdit versions - so that some of the more experienced users on the forum can assist in resolving the issues.

Maybe we can get the new Axe-Edit that was mentioned 5 months ago. Hence the conundrum with how these 2 things work in tandem. New firmware with anything but bug fixes (bugs wtf is that?) renders whatever current editor not so useful. So yeah new firmware new Axe-Edit together would be good. Would be even better if Axe-Edit came in color scheme other that black on blacker and I could use the thing.

Same. I've auditioned and uploaded countless user cabs and never had an issue. I think your issues may lie in your midi setup somewhere, or maybe you just have other general computer issues that you're not aware of that are causing it.

Back
Top Bottom