Any Good Spring Reverb Here?

Birdy

Inspired
I'm looking for some nice spring reverb presets/settings.
I have the FAS Reverb plugin as well, so I'd like to use it for mixing too.
Something in the style of Eric Valentine if any of you is familiar with his work.
I've tried to dial it myself, but I couldn't get what I was looking for (I don't have much experience with spring reverbs).

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean.
I'm a mixing engineer, sometime I use the fractal reverb plugin in my mixes.
But just using the reverb plugin in the mix isn't going to sound the same like the video you mentioned, since there the reverb goes through an amp and a cab.

I'm a mixing engineer, sometime I use the fractal reverb plugin in my mixes.
But just using the reverb plugin in the mix isn't going to sound the same like the video you mentioned, since there the reverb goes through an amp and a cab.
Correct. In the video, Leon is recreating the sound of a traditional amp-mounted reverb tank, which is placed before the power amp. When mixing, you might get close by butting a distortion source after the spring 'verb (maybe a preamp or a tape simulation).

I mostly tend to use the spring reverb type after the amp. Most of the times it's too bright, so I lower the high cut to 700-2000. You should then be able to crank the mix more higher without the spring getting too much on your way.

Even with all the hi-quality reverbs available in the FAS devices, I'm a fan of the Spring Reverb. It's my main reverb. I use it both ways: before and after amp/cab (with the same settings except for delay time).

I often use two reverbs. I put one spring reverb either before the amp or between the amp and cab. Then I have a second reverb on my final output which is a room or cavern / space depending on if I'm going for a more standard or a more ambient patch.

Back
Top Bottom