Any good source for serapate (isolated) guitar tracks from classic album recordings?

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I'm really bad a tweaking presets. What sounds good when I'm tweaking sounds like crap in the mix when rehearsing with the band. I've come to realize I don't realaly know what I'm looking for, and I'm probably filling too much space in the audio spectrum, thereby ending up with mud.

Since I don't know what I'm doing (obviously), I figured if I could hear some of the old time classic guitar tones in isolation (and played back in the same system I'm using to tweak my own tones), I might lear something. If I could get hold of the (real) isolated guitars from gems like Led Zeppelin I and II, old Aerosmith, Dark Side of the Moon, some Doobie brothers or Journey, etc., I might end up with a better starting point and then tweak from there while "in the mix".

Since the Internet now contains, uh, everything... any pointers?

Thanks a bunch!

I'm really bad a tweaking presets. What sounds good when I'm tweaking sounds like crap in the mix when rehearsing with the band. I've come to realize I don't realaly know what I'm looking for, and I'm probably filling too much space in the audio spectrum, thereby ending up with mud.

Since I don't know what I'm doing (obviously), I figured if I could hear some of the old time classic guitar tones in isolation (and played back in the same system I'm using to tweak my own tones), I might lear something. If I could get hold of the (real) isolated guitars from gems like Led Zeppelin I and II, old Aerosmith, Dark Side of the Moon, some Doobie brothers or Journey, etc., I might end up with a better starting point and then tweak from there while "in the mix".

Since the Internet now contains, uh, everything... any pointers?

Thanks a bunch!

You may be surprised at how the isolated tones aren't so pleasing when you're not in a band or mix environment. Lots of great songs have weak, thin-sounding guitar tones.

Agreed. I think if someone posted some of those isolated tracks as presets, most people would say "this preset sucks".

There are huge, huge benefits to be reaped from spending serious time studying at the feet of the great isolated guitar stems. Tones that are big and sexy when you're alone in your jam space are great for just that; they are not generally good team players.

At the end of the day, the best tone is the one that kicks ass serving the song.

Back
Top Bottom