Any good solderless cables for pedals in rack tray?

claxor

Power User
Guys,

I'm getting a bunch of pedals that I like with my Axefx 2, and will use them with the help of a RJM Effect Gizmo in front of the Axe and in it's stereo effect loop.

Regarding cabling: I'd like to try solderless cables and make it easier and cheaper than having a pro setup the cables. (especially since I may change pedals over time)

Are there any solderless cables that you think are superior and more sturdy than others?

Thanks!

I used George Ls cables for a long time (until I no longer had any need). Always had good results, as the right angle connectors don't need any tool to connect... They use thumb screws.

Don't like solderless cables myself. Even when you make them right there is no mechanical protection of the connections, she they have always been problematic. I've tried George L's, Lava, and Planetwaves, none of them lasted long. Soldered from here on out for me.

Don't like solderless cables myself. Even when you make them right there is no mechanical protection of the connections, she they have always been problematic. I've tried George L's, Lava, and Planetwaves, none of them lasted long. Soldered from here on out for me.
What do you mean "no mechanical protection?

George Ls have a set screw or thumb screw "anchoring" the cable and also providing the ground.

I've been using George L's on my boards for years now and have never had a cable fail. As long as you put them together correctly
(you dont just jam the end on and sock it down) they work perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom