Any good music/guitar shops in Brisbane?

dieter

Inspired
Hi Guys

We moved to Brisbane a couple of months ago, now that we have settled in I've got a bit more time for myself:) I would like to know if there are any good music/guitar shops in a the Brisbane area you can recommend.
You know, like friendly staff you can have a chat with or hang around a bit every once in a while. Not only to go there and buy things.
cheers

The Guitar Centre
Stanley St Wooloongabba

Musicians Pro Shop
Barry Parade Fortitude Valley

The Guitar Shop
40 Latrobe Terrace
Paddington

Music Express
2048 Logan Rd
Upper Mt Gravitate

Guitar Center guys are really friendly. Musicians Pro Shop is the biggest since it's got stores in a couple of states.

I've heard it mentioned on MANY guitar forums that Tym Guitars in Brisbane is rated as one of the best guitar stores in Oz.

Tym Guitars

I would love to visit them someday myself when I am in the area.

Brisbane born and raised here.

Asa and Nigel over at The Guitar Shop in paddington (all about the guitar shop) are my go to guys. They stock fender, maton, martin, peavey, gretsch, tokai, larivee, orange, blackstar, vox, music man, mark bass, and a bunch of others. Rohan, their in house tech, is also the only guy I trust my guitars with when I need major repairs or parts built. They also act as a middle man for amp servicing with JJ amplifiers (who also do stellar work).

Up the road in Red Hill is Guitar Brothers (Welcome to Guitar Brothers - Brisbane Guitar Shop, Guitar Brothers, Gibson new and Vintage, Suhr Guitars, Authorised dealer). They stock boutique brands like Suhr and Zemaitis and have a stellar collection of acoustics. Keep in mind that you'll pay through the nose for them. Their selection of strings leave a lot to be desired also which is part of the reason I ended up at The Guitar Shop so often. Worth checking out if you're going to be in the area anyway.

The guys at Musicians Pro Shop (Gallin's Musician's Pro Shop - Australia's Finest Online Music Store Gallin's Musician's Pro Shop) are great. They're Brisbane's primary stockist for Gibson, Orange, Egnater and Mesa and have a wide range of accessories.

Hope this is helpful, and welcome to Brisvegas!

EDIT: Tym Guitars is also a neat place to check out. They deal exclusively in used guitars and their own in house builds. Keep in mind that they don't update the site half as often as they should so it's worth calling to see if the guitar you had your eye on is still in stock.

The Guitar Centre
Stanley St Wooloongabba

Guitar Center guys are really friendly.

Hey, I'M one of those guys!

Thanks for the kind words 'geriatric' & 'blackjack'.
If you ever want to chew the fat about Fractal gear just come in and ask for Chuk.
When Doug or Pete look blankly at you then ask for Ralph (that's me).
I think i was one of the very first owners of Fractal AXEFX Ultra in Australia - had to import it myself.

We have a decent range of vintage electrics and many second hand electrics - more Fenders than most Fender dealers. (S/Hand that is)
We also have Queensland's biggest range of classical/nylon guitars as far as i'm aware.
We are also one of Australia's largest retailers of the fabulous Taylor guitars - our favourite acoustics.
All the guys who work here have many years of real-world experience in both gigging and retailing so we'll always try our best to help out where we can.
If your guitar needs repair or tweaking then we have two of Qld's most respected luthiers working for us. They were famous for the 'legendary/rare' Kinman Blueprint & Icon guitars of the 80/90s.
Guitar Centre Home

Tym's Guitars is a great store if AltRock/Garage is your thing.

Cheers.

BTW: we are not affiliated with the US. Guitar Center group.

Hi Ralph. Friendly, experienced, and helpful! Ray's re-conditioned HSS Strat (the maroon one that I bought) with the Kinman's sounds sweet with the AFX2. You can guess who this is? But no prize for the correct answer. BTW, Independent Music seem to be doing really well with their AFX2 sales. The word seems to be getting around in Bris.

Back
Top Bottom