Any Godin players?

fcs101

Axe-Master
So I bought a Godin LGX SA recently (Trans Blue AAA Flame Maple) and absolutely love it. I have to eat some crow because I previously posted in @la noise 's thread "Any 335's Up In Here??" that I'd never found a solid body I liked. Just can't put this thing down though. It's got a Seymour Duncan Jazz pick up in the neck and a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge (with coil splits). It also has piezo and synth access.

I'm just curious if anyone else here plays Godins. I searched and there are no threads devoted to them.

Here's a pic.

1643864220591.png

I don't currently have one...just borrowed a friend's 20 and 55 last year before I moved. Was a fun tool for sure. I usually just played this through a simple patch (tube pre and verb) into the PA. Was fun.

I miss my Godin Nylon Multiac ACS 😥 I sold it for a question of space. Having more than 4 or 5 guitars on a 40 m2 condo agitates the wife.

Great nylon guitar. Fantastic sound through the Axe-FX, and very nice background textures when adding the Roland VG-99
1643876416998.png

Last edited:
I have a Godin A6 Ultra.
Bought it specifically for acoustic gigs.
Really easy to play, sounds as good as any 'plugged in acoustic'.
Very happy with it.

I have a La Patrie classical guitar that sees very little use. Godin dropped the La Patrie branding a few years ago and just started calling them Godin Nylon or something. Great bang for the buck classical guitar with electrics and a cutaway. I should try it through my Axe-FX some day, I've only tried my Taylor with it.

So I bought a Godin LGX SA recently (Trans Blue AAA Flame Maple) and absolutely love it. I have to eat some crow because I previously posted in @la noise 's thread "Any 335's Up In Here??" that I'd never found a solid body I liked. Just can't put this thing down though. It's got a Seymour Duncan Jazz pick up in the neck and a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge (with coil splits). It also has piezo and synth access.

I'm just curious if anyone else here plays Godins. I searched and there are no threads devoted to them.

Here's a pic.

View attachment 95421
I have one just like it and I mainly use it to drive a Roland GR-55.

Yup, got one just like th OP same color and all, also a tele -style with built in Tripleplay midi (forget what godin called i)t, a bizzare 11 string fretless called the glissantar, and an OG nylon Multiac…..big fan.

I have 2) Godin LGXT's. I love them. The trems are not the best, but those pickups (S.D. Jazz II and custom custom) are fantastic. My black one needs a fret job as I played out with it for 1000's of hours. I love the 13 pin and piezo sounds too. A great instrument, I wish the trems were better.

I have 2) Godin LGXT's. I love them. The trems are not the best, but those pickups (S.D. Jazz II and custom custom) are fantastic. My black one needs a fret job as I played out with it for 1000's of hours. I love the 13 pin and piezo sounds too. A great instrument, I wish the trems were better.
Those pickups are fantastic and a lot of the reason I keep playing it; I like the pairing too (jazz w/ a custom). I looked for an LGXT SA, but could only find an LGX SA, so maybe that's good (tremolo isn't very important for me anyway).

Last edited:
That's sweet! Congrats. :)

I have owned an LG Signature in the past, an A6, a Freeway Classic, a Kingpin (miss that one!), and still have
a SSS Progression.

Never played a bad one. My only beef with the LG Sig were the small-ish frets.

Great guitars. :)

That's sweet! Congrats. :)

I have owned an LG Signature in the past, an A6, a Freeway Classic, a Kingpin (miss that one!), and still have
a SSS Progression.

Never played a bad one. My only beef with the LG Sig were the small-ish frets.

Great guitars. :)
The fret size doesn't seem to bother me, but then that's probably because my first electric guitar has similar size frets, so I've always just been used to it. It is my first electric guitar with such a flat fretboard though (16" radius) and I find I like it.

I'm a huge Godin fan. I have a Godin Montreal Premier Tripleplay (now discontinued), an A4 Ultra Fretless SA Bass and an ACS SLIM Nylon SG. I use the bass and the nylon with a Roland GR-55 and the Tripleplay with various VST's. Been eyeing up the A12 Natural SG but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Awesome guitars!

I have a Nylon Encore, for which I created a special preset with an IR from 3 Sigma Audio. It's easy to play and sounds really good for my classical moments.

I've got an LGX-SA that I use with my SY-1000 for GR300 sounds, works great. Also have an A11 Glissentar and have previously owned an A6 Ultra as well as an XT-SA. Other than the XT-SA they were all great... the XT-SA suffered from a lot of subsonic noise on the GK output because of the tremolo, I wouldn't recommend trying to us a trem equipped guitar with Roland GK...

Back
Top Bottom