Any Gamers here? Ps5/xbox shortages

I am more of an occassional gamer amd the racing fames like Gran Turismo, Dirty Rally and a dirt bike racing game are my main games. I have a PS4 Pro, and at one point I was considering a PS5 when GT7 is available, but since they announced that it will run on PS4 or PS5 I doubt I'll bother. I don't play enough to even justify what I already have, let alone the newer model.

so today there are big drops expected at local bestbuys. across cities and locations people have been camping out to get in line this morning. Madness. I've decided to stick with my PS4 and put my money towards more important things like music gear. it was a brief dream

I try not to get too sucked into video games, as I had quite the long affair with GTAV over 5 years. I was on that damn game every second I wasn't at work. I'm replaying Ghost Of Tsushima now because I got a new TV and the game looked so good on my last one, I HAD to see it at it's fullest quality. I loved the game itself, too, and usually replay my favorite ones once or twice.

As for the PS5, I've considered buying one for the hiked up price, with the reason being that my PS4 is my main source of tv-related entertainment. I don't have cable and just use all the streaming services from it. I've DEFINITELY gotten my $400 worth out of it, over and over again. So in that frame of mind, spending $800 on a PS5 isn't too crazy to me, because it'll be my main source of entertainment again, in the context of watching tv/playing video games. But I haven't totally sold myself on the idea yet, so we'll see.

Had I not made a number of big purchases this year I'd have no issue dropping cash on the PS5. Ghost of Tsushima looks gorgeous. That game is meant to be played on 4K

The funny thing is, the day the preorder for the Xbox Series X opened I couldn’t hop on to get one due to work. But not even half an hour later I got my purchase invite for my Axe III Mark II! So I think that day came out well anyway!

Hopefully I can get into a Series X at some point, but honestly considering settling for the Series S. But I feel like the mid-tier console generations will be out before the console shortages let up.

might as well wait for the ps5 pro. selecting optimal visual quality or optimal frame rates (not both) on top games isn't quite next gen enough.

Well I managed to get the Series X on the All Access Program, and it is great! I upgraded from the OG Xbox One, so it feels so much faster. The Halo Beta feels like a next gen game. So if you want the Xbox, maybe take a look at that program, they actually were in stock for a few hours through it.

Back
Top Bottom