Any Gamers here? Ps5/xbox shortages

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
So lately I've been getting back into gaming. I have a PS4 (non pro) and have been on the fence with upgrading to the ever elusive PS5. Aside from the feature/performance upgrades these consoles are just impossible to find. I have a number of twitter notifications to alert me of stock updates and by the time I get in the online queue they are sold out. It's nuts out there. Maybe I should just be content with my PS4.

I gotta say I am nostalgic of the days where I put together a gaming PC. the excitement of upgrading the graphics card or new sound card etc

I gotta say I am nostalgic of the days where I put together a gaming PC. the excitement of upgrading the graphics card or new sound card etc
You can still do that. You should still do that. It's the only way I game now. I'm a sim guy anyway so I have to LOL.

I'm a PC gamer, but I've usually had some version of Playstation since the first. I have a launch edition PS3 still, and liked it for GTA and Gran Turismo; maybe a few others. I haven't fired it up in a few years though, as the clock on it is dead and spews a few errors coming up.

I think I might get a PS5 when GT7 comes out next year. I haven't seen anything on the PS5 to date that made me want one, but I'd have a blast with GT7. I've tried getting into driving with some PC games, but it doesn't have the same feel for me.

I got a PS5 controller for my iPad to replace my Xbox controller. PS5 controller hurts my hands after just an hour of use. I’ve been gaming since 1986. No controller has ever done that to me. Didn’t realize what was happening until I couldn’t play guitar for a few days. Changed back to the Xbox controller, no issues for 5 hour sessions.

Just mentioning it. There are threads in various forums about it, but most people may not realize it or think a controller can do that. I’ve used almost every popular gaming controller too, and never had this sensation. Probably due to the trigger pressure needed. Index finger “squeezing” motion is just totally painful after using it.

I somehow got a PS5 back when they were first released. I can't believe how few interesting games there are available for it almost a year later, but I don't like most of these newer games. Too much pointless wandering and talking, not enough action, and most games are just way too easy anymore, even on the hardest setting.

I've been playing PS4 games more than PS5 games (currently Mass Effect LE), and I'm really enjoying the performance and visual improvements with 60 fps at 4k. That alone is worth the upgrade for me. I never thought I cared about frame rates but once you play at 60 fps there is no going back to 30 fps.

I have no issues with the PS5 controller being uncomfortable, but I do use the PS4 controller whenever I'm playing PS4 games because the battery lasts longer.

regarding the FPS. I'm kicking myself for not buying the Pro PS4 when I bought. I'd be more than happy with that to get better refresh rate/resolution and wouldn't bother with ps5. My PS4 slim is maxed at 1080p which is still damn nice especially considering when i first played NES 8 bit games it blew my mind. I think kids who grew up in decades after those early consoles don't see the massive changes relative to each release. All relative I suppose.

I agree some of the games are just too long and have way too many cut scenes. But have enjoyed a few this past year on the PS4. Still on the fence with upgrading esp when i should be spending more time on my music

My Xbox One X poo'ed the bed and I gave up and built a PC. I like the PC a lot more. Could use a better monitor than the LG I have from work on it now, but it's still pretty friggin' awesome. I still use my Xbox Elite controller with it most of the time. That's a habit that's really hard to kick.

I pretty much just play Destiny 2 though. I'm weird like that.

I got a PS5 close to release, and I have a couple of Xbox Series X as well... acquired all the same way, with a number of notification outlets, including Wario64 on twitter, telegram notifications from nowinstock.net

The thing that's been impossible to get is a Nvidia 3060 card.

I got a PS5 controller for my iPad to replace my Xbox controller. PS5 controller hurts my hands after just an hour of use. I’ve been gaming since 1986. No controller has ever done that to me. Didn’t realize what was happening until I couldn’t play guitar for a few days. Changed back to the Xbox controller, no issues for 5 hour sessions.

Just mentioning it. There are threads in various forums about it, but most people may not realize it or think a controller can do that. I’ve used almost every popular gaming controller too, and never had this sensation. Probably due to the trigger pressure needed. Index finger “squeezing” motion is just totally painful after using it.
Also, you can slap an XBox 360 controller on almost anything - even macOS with a little finagling.

We even use it to control the camera on the last UAV I flew. They're that good.

I used a Discord server to snag my 3090. They post the inventory from different sites as soon as they land. Worked but you have to be patient. I left the server after I got mine but I'll try and dig it up for you.

I got a PS5 close to release, and I have a couple of Xbox Series X as well... acquired all the same way, with a number of notification outlets, including Wario64 on twitter, telegram notifications from nowinstock.net

A 3060 is about the same performance as an RTX-2080Ti.

was lucky enough to get our PS5 December of last year. Just keep grinding on those drops, you'll get one. It's def worth it.

Gaming is pretty eh for me currently. My PC has a 4790k, which doesn’t meet the Win11 requirements. GPUs are absurd prices: $750 for the midrange card. And the new consoles are projected to have supply issues lasting into 2023 potentially.

I really wonder if I’ll just quit PC gaming altogether. I don’t think I’ve turned my PC on for two months now.

Back
Top Bottom