Any FC release time info ?

I will NOT be buying a shirt. I mean for christ sake Ive bought an AX8 an AXE FX XL+ II MFC101 1 EV-1 3 EV-2's and an AXE FX III in the past 18 months. You would think Fractal would throw a guy a bone. Then again the less I advertise for them the less the chance of someone in my area using fractal products.

You okay, dude?

OT: (Thicker fabric would be cool ... I’m just an old fart who likes traditionally beefy-tees)

Any insights on the FC schedule? 747, container, proverbial slow boat from China?

Last edited:
It is tough to have this awesome rig with no controller yet. :/ Gig tomorrow and might take it anyway and just use a couple pedals for boost and drive and so forth.

It is tough to have this awesome rig with no controller yet. :/ Gig tomorrow and might take it anyway and just use a couple pedals for boost and drive and so forth.
I am using an RJM Mastermind LT. Unless the FC6 has some ungodly functionality, I plan on staying with it. It does everything I need it to do.

I agree.
BUT , the mindset that I have now , is to appreciate getting the III at it's earliest possible release. All of us on the forum become "beta testers" for the unit , and have a chance to get to learn how to use it , and hear how great it sounds , AHEAD of the release of the FCs. FAS could have just made everyone wait until the FCs were shipping instead.

All that said , I can't wait to get the FC !

I will finally chime in here.

I admit that I'm wavering on actually buying one. While I'm sure it's under development, and features are still in flux, the lack of 'what it will do' from the powers that be is...disconcerting (ACTUAL, functional use of the finished product)...especially at this price point for a 6 button controller. It *would* be nice to see (video, or read) what the capabilities and/or planned usage design. I was sold on the Axe III from the get-go because I believe that this company will nail that, (and they did) but an FC is sort of a wildcard. It pains me to say that.

Wishing a little that I didn't let my MFC go.

R

Most of the info is somewhere on the forum. I remember that I freaking out about some detail that was make or break for me and then finding out later that the answer had been given a couple of months back in a two word post.

I admit that I'm wavering on actually buying one. While I'm sure it's under development, and features are still in flux, the lack of 'what it will do' from the powers that be is...disconcerting (ACTUAL, functional use of the finished product)...especially at this price point for a 6 button controller. It *would* be nice to see (video, or read) what the capabilities and/or planned usage design. I was sold on the Axe III from the get-go because I believe that this company will nail that, (and they did) but an FC is sort of a wildcard. It pains me to say that.

R

After using the AX8 and editor to set up patches and switching. Ease of use, flexibility and power are unmatched by anything else I've used. With the III and the way the controller is integrated as part of the system, axe III edit, scribble strips. I can only imagine :))) it being an even more powerful evolution of what we've seen on the ax8. If you haven't tried the ax8 it's a little harder to imagine where they are headed. As far as price I wish it were less also but any midi controller with scribble strips from other manufactures cost even more.
My only wish is for an 18 switch option and the mc12 to be a couple inches more narrow to fit a rack drawer.

R
If I could get a tuner display on the MFC, I'd stick with it. :/

R

I totally get this ^^^
Unlike you I did keep my MFC-101 and at first programming was a bit of a pain but as general midi started coming back to me, got much easier.
So the new list was started for the FC controllers and I was lucky enough to get on within the first hour and a half, but I have been having thoughts at times, "do I really need this??" and the answer is, "not really". Part of the reason I am pretty comfortable using the MFC with the AF III.

But then there is another side -----

After using the AX8 and editor to set up patches and switching. Ease of use, flexibility and power are unmatched by anything else I've used. With the III and the way the controller is integrated as part of the system, axe III edit, scribble strips. I can only imagine :))) it being an even more powerful evolution of what we've seen on the ax8. If you haven't tried the ax8 it's a little harder to imagine where they are headed. As far as price I wish it were less also but any midi controller with scribble strips from other manufactures cost even more.
My only wish is for an 18 switch option and the mc12 to be a couple inches more narrow to fit a rack drawer.

@NeoSound tells it best.
Ever since getting the AX8 I have found that board rather intoxicating, those 8 switches are so flexible from preset to preset, cant do this with my MFC. Or I should say not as easy: even then still some compromises.
At first it took me a while to wrap my head around it, not that it is complexed, but its coming up with a new workflow for yourself that requires the though. At least if you plan on taking advantage of the features.
In all this is the main reason I will get the FC to have the same type of functionality as a AX8 the scribble strips are just a bonus.

John

IMHO - A little faith here will go a long way here. Cliff / Matt and company haven't steered us wrong yet. I still remember when I first saw those iPhones.... (1) button, Volume up and down and a power switch. Thinking, "how lame this phone looks". The rest was history. Ohh, and BTW, they shed that (1) button on the X.
This thing won't just work, it will change the way we think about foot controls.

Back
Top Bottom