Any FC release time info ?

I agree that these should have been released together but then we would have been waiting at least this long to get our hands on the Axe Fx III.

I'm positive that it was the intention to release the III and the FC's at the same time, but something unforeseen happened with the FCs. IIRC Cliff said something about the engineer responsible for the FCs being late for his timeframe / deadline.
Whatever the reason these things can happen, especially to a small company, ever though FAS does everything in their power to bring these products to the marked. Remember FAS does not get their revenue before the items sell.
FAS absolutely did the right thing by releasing the Axe III when it was ready, the FCs will come when they are ready.

I'm sure we will be seeing these a lot sooner than we think. I mean there are a few beta testers out there already using them so that is always a great sign. Like many who gig, I'm anxiously waiting as well. It will be great for all of us on the list when they arrive!

I'm just really thankful to have this unit and that I got on the list early! Totally sounds the best of what I have used in the past direct and there is nothing like it as far as realism. Simply amazing!

I’m sure no matter how badly we want one, FAS wants to be selling them even more.

They likely outlaid a lot of money on production and aren’t recouping any of it until they have a product which is shipping, as they don’t take advance payments.

When youv got a line of folks waiting, cash in hand, you want to get that product out ASAP, but still make sure it’s up to FAS standards.

I am sure that FAS is doing all they can....patience from our side will be rewarded by a 1000x I think...:)

BUT it would be awesome if a beta tester was allowed to do a little promo video of how they use the FC6 perhaps ?
@yek ??

It would perhaps kill the thirst for a little while.....:D
:D
:D

This made it easier for me today to pass on my invite for a III...the next batch should arrive in July (at G66 that is), hopefully the FCs are available then.

I'm expecting to benefit from the FCs in the studio too. I don't think you need a live rig in order to need one.
I'm hanging in there fine , but - is there an update as to a rough release date yet guys ?
...just curious.

I think if you look at when the waitlist went up for the 3 they started shipping about 6 weeks after that .
The FC list posted May 17th ,so my optimistic guess would be early to mid July for them to arrive

I do know the beta team has theirs and working out bugs. I would almost bet that we are less than 60 days from release. Let me be clear, I am just speculating on the release time.

I agree that these should have been released together but then we would have been waiting at least this long to get our hands on the Axe Fx III.

No...not if they didn't give us a clue that they were coming out with the III. Ignorance is bliss!

No...not if they didn't give us a clue that they were coming out with the III. Ignorance is bliss!

FAS is a business, they have to make money to survive - simple as that.
I have absolutely no insight into the economical status of FAS, but I imagine that they have laid out a huge investment in design, testing and production of the Axe III and it would be stupid to be bleeding cash/missing revenue by holding back a ready for marked product merely so that spoiled customers could get an (dare I say it) non-essential ad on to that product at the same time, instead of having to wait a bit for said non-essential ad on.

Before peeps start coming down on me for saying "non-essential", realize that although the FC series will enhance the work flow of the Axe III especially when playing live and bring certain extra features that we all want and love - it is non-essential !
You can program the MFC or any other capable standard midi board to change presets, scenes and ia's - and if you can't make it through a performance with that rig, your not worth your salt as a gigging guitarist.

(flame suit on)

FAS is a business, they have to make money to survive - simple as that.
I have absolutely no insight into the economical status of FAS, but I imagine that they have laid out a huge investment in design, testing and production of the Axe III and it would be stupid to be bleeding cash/missing revenue by holding back a ready for marked product merely so that spoiled customers could get an (dare I say it) non-essential ad on to that product at the same time, instead of having to wait a bit for said non-essential ad on.

Before peeps start coming down on me for saying "non-essential", realize that although the FC series will enhance the work flow of the Axe III especially when playing live and bring certain extra features that we all want and love - it is non-essential !
You can program the MFC or any other capable standard midi board to change presets, scenes and ia's - and if you can't make it through a performance with that rig, your not worth your salt as a gigging guitarist.

(flame suit on)

You are absolutely correct. My Helix does not show on off states in scenes of my Axe 3, but I can get through a show. It might be a little inconvenient, but I will live through it. It is top priority to get bugs out of the Axe before other endeavors. My glass is half full, not half empty. What if you had to use a Boss GT 100. We all need to be optimistic and stop giving grief to the people who has given us the best processor on the planet.

Axe FX III check, FracTool to convert Axe Fx II to Axe FX III check. All I need now is is that FC6-12 controller and I'll be set. Yes I can Use My MFC101 mark III for now but it sure would be nice to have the complete setup. As well as be able to sell off the old rig.

I will NOT be buying a shirt. I mean for christ sake Ive bought an AX8 an AXE FX XL+ II MFC101 1 EV-1 3 EV-2's and an AXE FX III in the past 18 months. You would think Fractal would throw a guy a bone. Then again the less I advertise for them the less the chance of someone in my area using fractal products.

Back
Top Bottom