Any FC release time info ?

It was very simple to configure the MC6 to control the looper. I got confused for a bit as I didn't see the DUB function in the midi assignment screen, and then I realized the looper has been rewritten to just incorporate DUB into RECORD which is easier anyway. So to do a new layer you just use the record button while it's playing. If it's stopped, then hitting RECORD will start a new recording. very nice.

Nice

I play on-stage. For me, the renderings of the new FC look to be a significant improvement over the MFC. I can wait until it’s ready. I have the FASIII and a KPA providing backup to each other.

Can't be bothered to read this whole thread, but are there any block editing features planned for the FC? To me one of the coolest features of the Line6 Helix is that you can navigate and adjust a lot of things just using your feet. Being able to map a footswitch to a block and then edit its settings just by clicking a button and using an expression pedal would be highly useful for the Axe-Fx 3 as well. Just being able to select a block to edit and then use the front panel controls would help tremendously.

can you share a pic of your configuration? i'm having trouble with the timing of the button press and it actually recording. the MC6 has an inherent delay so it can see if you're pressing 2 buttons to change pages or similar.

any special/additional commands on the Looper buttons?
It's the Switch Senstivity parameter in the main configuration page (when you first boot up and hold down D+F). That needs to be a higher value (less delay) rather than lower. I have to check where mine is, I recall 5 was too difficult for the double button pushes (which I did at the beginning of the video to move to the next page). I either set it to 3 or 4.

That looks really sweet! I got my Axe FXII because the older I get, the more attractive compact live setups are to me. How many scenes can you do on that? What’s the price?
Here's a nice MC6 on reverb for $200 plus $10 shipping: https://reverb.com/item/11959883-morningstar-mc6

I haven't done it yet with the III but you can select all 8 scenes and all 4 channels with most midi controllers, including the MC6. Just assign a CC number to the Scene Select function in the MIDI/Remote page. Say you assign CC number 1. Then you tell your midi controller to assign CC#1 any value between 0 and 7 and it will select Scene 1 through 8. So if you have 6 buttons, like on the MC6, you can set it up to have 6 scenes right in front of you. Also nice is that you can attach an extension to add switches, so for instance you could allocate all you MC6 bank changes (one bank is effects, one bank scenes, one bank looper, etc etc) to a little 2-button box next to the MC6 - like a Roland switch or something like this which matches the look of the MC6 https://reverb.com/item/5874460-aux-switch-for-morningstar-mc6-three-click-less-buttons. Or you can of course have scenes, effects, channels, etc on one bank. It's totally configurable (like the Fractal MFC by the way, which has A LOT more buttons and is available at around the same cost as the MC6 nowadays, but won't fit in a gig bag pocket.)

Or you can add a 6-swithc extension, say just for 6 Scenes if you like, and keep your MC6 dedicated to effects and looper:
https://reverb.com/item/6759706-ana...-aux3-6-button-controller-for-morningstar-mc6

Alternatively, instead of using Scene Select, you can use Scene Increment/Decrement and have one button go up in Scenes and the other go down.

You could also use the 3-button extension, for example, just to change channels on your amp - if you do that a lot (obviously you can do that with Scene change too). But if you like, you can have that 3-button box dedicated to Channel 1,2,3 on your Amp1 and you will always be able to choose an amp channel no matter where you are in your presets or scenes (assuming you have an AMP1 in your grid).

Last edited:
Can't be bothered to read this whole thread, but are there any block editing features planned for the FC? To me one of the coolest features of the Line6 Helix is that you can navigate and adjust a lot of things just using your feet. Being able to map a footswitch to a block and then edit its settings just by clicking a button and using an expression pedal would be highly useful for the Axe-Fx 3 as well. Just being able to select a block to edit and then use the front panel controls would help tremendously.
Please don’t misinterpret my question, but isn’t the Helix in the form of a giant foot controller? So it would make sense that you can edit everything with it. Personally, that was part of my issue with the MFC. A few missteps, and I could get into trouble on-stage. I don’t want to edit anything with my feet. Fred Astaire I ain’t. If you can do it, I tip my hat to you. At the very least, I’d want a hard switch, to keep it out of edit mode. Both of my feet are idiots.

Please don’t misinterpret my question, but isn’t the Helix in the form of a giant foot controller? So it would make sense that you can edit everything with it. Personally, that was part of my issue with the MFC. A few missteps, and I could get into trouble on-stage. I don’t want to edit anything with my feet. Fred Astaire I ain’t. If you can do it, I tip my hat to you. At the very least, I’d want a hard switch, to keep it out of edit mode. Both of my feet are idiots.

The Helix also has a rack/floor controller combo.

Ok thanks. I’ve only seen the floor unit. My comments were primarily about the functionality and varying wants and needs. I have the rack controls and the Axe Edit laptop. For me, a foot controller is only required for live use, in the traditional foot switch sense.

The Helix Control for the rack model is essentially the same thing as the FC and it does the same stuff as the Helix Floor afaik. Seems like a very useful way to quickly get to editing things.

The Helix Control for the rack model is essentially the same thing as the FC and it does the same stuff as the Helix Floor afaik. Seems like a very useful way to quickly get to editing things.
Perhaps for others, but my comments were About stage and performance. I don’t want to pay for redundancy, and it presents a risk on-stage. My band mates don’t like (necessary) guitar changes. They’d blast me for noodling parameters, and the sound guy would devise some horrible form of retribution.

It's the Switch Senstivity parameter in the main configuration page (when you first boot up and hold down D+F). That needs to be a higher value (less delay) rather than lower. I have to check where mine is, I recall 5 was too difficult for the double button pushes (which I did at the beginning of the video to move to the next page). I either set it to 3 or 4.
Thanks. 3 is default I think, so I’ve tried other settings too. Just making sure there wasn’t another setting as well. I was using the Bank Lock (I think?) function to get the delay down to 0, but that’s more button presses than I want.

i hear that tesla cars get you from point a to point b the same way a regular car does. no point in getting one of those.

Pfft, I hit the gas pedal in mine and it goes forward... sometimes reverse. What's the point of this stupid thing and why did I buy it?!?!? Also, why get the 07 mustang when the 85 had the same amount of cylinders and tires?

Thanks. 3 is default I think, so I’ve tried other settings too. Just making sure there wasn’t another setting as well. I was using the Bank Lock (I think?) function to get the delay down to 0, but that’s more button presses than I want.
Hmm, there's nothing else going on with my setup. Only that parameter. I haven't had any trouble with delayed switching. My biggest trouble is getting my foot and hands to be perfectly on the beat, which is why I wish there were a quantize option on the looper with a metronome.

I did use the AX8 looper for a bit, but the loop function isn't really what I bought it for...or the III. I use a TC x4 and I midi sync it. Yeah its an extra box but in all honesty it gives me two different loops...it syncs midi and I have fade out/in, reverse, etc. I can get much more elaborate loops and I don't need a looper block...which I like memory wise...I use at least two amps in a preset,,,now more with channels

I play on-stage. For me, the renderings of the new FC look to be a significant improvement over the MFC. I can wait until it’s ready. I have the FASIII and a KPA providing backup to each other.

And how will you control your Kpa on stage with FC-12 (or FC-6) if Axe III doesn't works?
Nothing let think that Fc series will be a midi controller, so if you want tu use AxeIII and Kpa (like me) providing backup to each other, you'll need an independent midi controller.

;)

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but is there any possible approximation from the FAS Team we can get for the FC release? Q3? Q4?

My III is screaming to be used outside the home studio, but still happy with my II w/MFC for now. I've tried programming the MFC with the III but it's just too time consuming for the times I have allotted in my schedule for rehearsing/gear tweaking. Maybe I'm not getting something right with scenes and IA's but that's not what this post is about. I'm trying to remain patient until the FC's are released and I understand there are many other things going on within FAS. I'm just wondering if there was some estimated target date. I'm asking this with as much respect as possible.

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but is there any possible approximation from the FAS Team we can get for the FC release? Q3? Q4?

My III is screaming to be used outside the home studio, but still happy with my II w/MFC for now. I've tried programming the MFC with the III but it's just too time consuming for the times I have allotted in my schedule for rehearsing/gear tweaking. Maybe I'm not getting something right with scenes and IA's but that's not what this post is about. I'm trying to remain patient until the FC's are released and I understand there are many other things going on within FAS. I'm just wondering if there was some estimated target date. I'm asking this with as much respect as possible.
I 2nd this

We won't know as they will release when they are ready. Still baffled why they didn't pair this up with the release of the III? But what do I know......

We won't know as they will release when they are ready. Still baffled why they didn't pair this up with the release of the III? But what do I know......
I agree that these should have been released together but then we would have been waiting at least this long to get our hands on the Axe Fx III.

Back
Top Bottom