Any FC release time info ?

It’s a great little box that’ll come in handy even when you have the new foot controller. I love the MFC - it’s amazing. But this little guy is all you need for basic gigs. The pic I showed is my “page 1”. Page 2 gives me all the looper controls. Page 3 can be scenes. Etc And you can plug in expression pedals and switches directly into it.
View attachment 46621
That looks really sweet! I got my Axe FXII because the older I get, the more attractive compact live setups are to me. How many scenes can you do on that? What’s the price?

I spoke to Matt yesterday. He said they do not know when it will be out, and don't know how much they are going to cost. He said he hoped it would be soon.
He said they will only be making the FC6 and FC12. He seemed very excited about what they will be able to do. I got the impression that someone else may be making them for Fractal so it is kind of out of their control as to when they will be available. They don't know either.
Well hopefully a 3rd party company figures out Fractal's proprietary software and meets demnd for the market of a better floorboard. I may end up buying the Axe FX III, but Im never buying those tiny floorboards. Or I may just stick with the Axe FX II and MFC, the III hasnt made any major improvements over the II yet from everything I've seen online.

Well hopefully a 3rd party company figures out Fractal's proprietary software and meets demnd for the market of a better floorboard. I may end up buying the Axe FX III, but Im never buying those tiny floorboards. Or I may just stick with the Axe FX II and MFC, the III hasnt made any major improvements over the II yet from everything I've seen online.

Odd, because I’ve seen plenty of accounts online of people saying they find the III significantly improved over the II. We must not be looking in the same places....

No major improvements? You need to play thru one and edit/program with this beast. There's an immediacy that really feels like you're connected to an amp and everything in general feels faster. Like going from 2D to 3D.

I prefer editing on the III over edit too. Of course managing cabs and presets will be easier with edit but working on sounds using the III's new UI is incredible. I'm turning knobs and listening rather than watching what the numeric value is. Still have my XL+ but there is definitely a significant improvement. The increase in horsepower is tangible and I'm very glad I upgraded.

It was very simple to configure the MC6 to control the looper. I got confused for a bit as I didn't see the DUB function in the midi assignment screen, and then I realized the looper has been rewritten to just incorporate DUB into RECORD which is easier anyway. So to do a new layer you just use the record button while it's playing. If it's stopped, then hitting RECORD will start a new recording. very nice.
You got it confgd with the III?

Last edited:
I have both the II and III.

The III is slight improvement over the II at this time. The amount of improvement, combined with the lack of an available foot controller, does not justify an upgrade at this time.

What you gain in ease of use editing, you lose in live performance. Is that trade off worth $2500? Of course not, buying the III TODAY is about the future and the potential of the unit.

One thing I will say is have not been able to get the tight rock distortion sound on any FW after 18.09. Quantum was great for medium grit, but III too lacks the tightness I get from preQuantum firmwares.

Sigh....Where to begin? Nevermind....

Austin

I have both the II and III.

The III is slight improvement over the II at this time. The amount of improvement, combined with the lack of an available foot controller, does not justify an upgrade at this time.

What you gain in ease of use editing, you lose in live performance. Is that trade off worth $2500? Of course not, buying the III TODAY is about the future and the potential of the unit.

One thing I will say is have not been able to get the tight rock distortion sound on any FW after 18.09. Quantum was great for medium grit, but III too lacks the tightness I get from preQuantum firmwares.

What if you don’t play live and just want the best and newest possible hobbyist toy for the house and your well enough off from your day job to buy one ? Still not justifiable ?

I certainly feel is was worth every penny of the $2499.99 I spent.

Good think only my wife has any say in what I can or can’t spend my money on, because if we had to seek justification of the forum before buying maybe none of us would be enjoying a III yet

Mikko even did a comparison and said this. I think the III has the potential for improvement, but they are pretty similar right now and not really worth the cost of upgrading. Also the size of those new foot controllers, definitely a let down.

i hear that tesla cars get you from point a to point b the same way a regular car does. no point in getting one of those.

It was very simple to configure the MC6 to control the looper. I got confused for a bit as I didn't see the DUB function in the midi assignment screen, and then I realized the looper has been rewritten to just incorporate DUB into RECORD which is easier anyway. So to do a new layer you just use the record button while it's playing. If it's stopped, then hitting RECORD will start a new recording. very nice.

can you share a pic of your configuration? i'm having trouble with the timing of the button press and it actually recording. the MC6 has an inherent delay so it can see if you're pressing 2 buttons to change pages or similar.

any special/additional commands on the Looper buttons?

Mikko even did a comparison and said this. I think the III has the potential for improvement, but they are pretty similar right now and not really worth the cost of upgrading. Also the size of those new foot controllers, definitely a let down.
Maybe if you are just comparing amp modeling between the two... And there is still a difference.

The additional CPU alone is worth it to me.

Plus, the Reverb and I believe some other effects have been improved.

And now I can run all of stuff at high quality and not worry about CPU limits.

Then there is in the box cab mixing, Channels, additional I/O, more effects instances, etc.

No improvements at all... ;)

no point in arguing the III's worth vs improvements. if you feel the improvements are worth it and you want to get it, then get it. if not, then don't. i'm using it live with an MFC and enjoying the hell out of it.

no point in arguing the III's worth vs improvements. if you feel the improvements are worth it and you want to get it, then get it. if not, then don't. i'm using it live with an MFC and enjoying the hell out of it.
That's the bottom line. While it's not accurate to say that there aren't any major improvements in the Axe-Fx III, it's perfectly valid to say that those benefits are or aren't enough to make you want to get one.

Don't try to drive 1,000 miles in one non-stop.
Few petrol cars car drive 1000 miles non-stop anyway, and most drivers are better of with a few short breaks on a 1000 miles drive.

Anyway, once you drive a Tesla, you realize that driving other cars are the equivalent of playing a Headrush, but hey it can get you from a-to-b or through the gig :)

Back
Top Bottom