Any FC release time info ?

Is there a price point on this? The new Axe FX looks great and all, but that footswitch seems disappointing. I know you can daisy chain them together, but I have no desire to connect multiple footswitches nor do I want 2-3 feet of length on a pedalboard. The nearly square shape didnt need any changing. The MFC 101 was nearly perfect how it was. The only real upgrade from what I can tell is the programmability from the Axe FX and the individual displays, which are great, but they seriously should have left the 21 button layout or something similar. Unless they come out with something closer to the MFC 101 or they drastically reduce the price of the FC units compared to what the MFC 101 was, I dont think Im going to be buying the Axe FX III. That's a BIG deal breaker.
I like the 21 switch myself and we should have a choice there. I know it costs more to have scribble strips on each button, so that would make it more expensive than the MFC controller. It is all about supply and demand. Maybe the admins can do a survey to see who is interested in the 21 switch with the cost and all when that is known. The Helix sqibble strips 12 controller is $400, so I would guess the price point would be $800 which is just a guess but in the range. I see smaller units for a price point, and I also see this big cost as maybe a deterrent not to do it. It is a no brainer just to do a survey and see the demand when they know the cost. The reason the Axe FX is the best is because Cliff listens and does the math. You can't please everyone, but you can please the majority when you get feedback.

Merged threads, we don't need 3 'when will we see the FC?' topics

Well , I started it so there wouldn't be 16 pages of irrelevant material to go thru , until someone could learn something , but I get what you are trying to do.
Someone might want to consider a Sticky "FC thread" with the post from Cliff , that @NeoSound posted for me , to avoid those "pesky" - "when will we see the FC ? - topics "
No replies allowed , and a monthly progress report. Problem solved.

I picked one up too... I agree, works quite well and compact too. An excellent (inexpensive) stop-gap solution till the real deal is released. Then again, who knows, I may just stick with MC6. I love the fact that it fits in a gig bag!

it's very interesting infact, love that dimensions, lots of functions, BUT... for me it should be an "emergency" choice, so at the moment I bought a Mastermind GT16. Will arrive on Monday, will use it with my Kemper and with the Axe III when will arrive in Europe.
When FC12 will be show to us completely, than I'll decide if keep the GT16 or sell it and buy the FC12, it depends on the technical advantages that the Fc could have compared to the Rjm, also depends on the size of the LCD screens (if they are small like those of Helix or Headrush, I will certainly keep the GT16) and depends mainly on the ability to manage the kemper with the Fc ( via midi).

I spoke to Matt yesterday. He said they do not know when it will be out, and don't know how much they are going to cost. He said he hoped it would be soon.
He said they will only be making the FC6 and FC12. He seemed very excited about what they will be able to do. I got the impression that someone else may be making them for Fractal so it is kind of out of their control as to when they will be available. They don't know either.

It’s a great little box that’ll come in handy even when you have the new foot controller. I love the MFC - it’s amazing. But this little guy is all you need for basic gigs. The pic I showed is my “page 1”. Page 2 gives me all the looper controls. Page 3 can be scenes. Etc And you can plug in expression pedals and switches directly into it.
34EC72B4-801A-4392-B1A2-14DC9EE36D8F.jpeg
Thanks for the reports for the MC6! I may have to get one in the interim.

Last edited:
My hope is that the demand for foot controllers is well understood so that FAS can accurately forecast the needed inventory to satisfy it faster than the dribble of IIIs.

I did purposely wait to place my name on the wait list (3/1) hoping that the entire eco-system would be ready by the time my name came up.

It’s a great little box that’ll come in handy even when you have the new foot controller. I love the MFC - it’s amazing. But this little guy is all you need for basic gigs. The pic I showed is my “page 1”. Page 2 gives me all the looper controls. Page 3 can be scenes. Etc And you can plug in expression pedals and switches directly into it.
View attachment 46621
You got it confgd with the III?

I got my MC6 to change the scenes on the III (which is basically all I needed). It wasn't all that difficult, and seems to work fine.

I may try bank (preset) up/down when I get a chance.

Controlling a few footswitches is almost trivial compared to actual audio processing. Expect minimal CPU consumption by the FC.
Hopefully less impacted than Axe Edit by higher CPU... Not sure if that's an issue with the Axe Edit beta or not...

Strange. It's come to my notice that I realize how much I rely on a Foot Controller to play what I do. Not having access to a drive, Delay, whatever I want, scenes, etc is a burden. I don't want to pick up a bridge controller...seems like too much dancing around with gear I'm just going to sell in time. I consider a drive pedal, but I miss my custom scenes...

For the 1st time I will admit that I would like to see a prospective date.

Strange. It's come to my notice that I realize how much I rely on a Foot Controller to play what I do. Not having access to a drive, Delay, whatever I want, scenes, etc is a burden. I don't want to pick up a bridge controller...seems like too much dancing around with gear I'm just going to sell in time. I consider a drive pedal, but I miss my custom scenes...

For the 1st time I will admit that I would like to see a prospective date.

Welcome to the club.

Anyone who’s interested in the MC6...they won’t be back in stock until early June (according to their rep). There’s a “new” used MC6 MK1 right now on Reverb but it’s about $20 more expensive than the MK2 and it does less.

I wouldn’t worry about the new version of the MC6, as I think it’s highly unlikely that anyone would care about the extras it comes with. If you’re a midi fanatic, then yes. But if you want a gig-bag size switcher for scenes,blocks, x/y, and presets (and more) just get a used original version MC6.

I wouldn’t worry about the new version of the MC6, as I think it’s highly unlikely that anyone would care about the extras it comes with. If you’re a midi fanatic, then yes. But if you want a gig-bag size switcher for scenes,blocks, x/y, and presets (and more) just get a used original version MC6.

To get the most out of the 3, from what I read in the respective manuals for both versions of the MC6, one seems pretty likely to want the MK2...and used MK1’s are scarce...and the only one I could find as of yesterday is more expensive than the new one. Why pay more for a used unit with less functionality? I wouldn’t.

Back
Top Bottom