Any FC release time info ?

This is my first post for either this or axe edit III thread. And I am so stupid for posting this, as I learned long ago to never forum post when I am tired and going to bed, but here it goes.......

I had the privilege to meet Cliff and Mark at the LA Amp Show last time they were out, and I tell ya, it physically hurts me to read of the unhappiness of some who already have the Axe FXIII in their possession. I am 5 hours down the waitlist and I would gladly have the 3 in my studio with no FC or Axe Edit in sight. I mean, good grief, all this company cares about is giving us the best damn user experience ever provided by ANY company, of which I am endorsed by a PLETHORA, and for all their efforts they get to read the spew of unhappiness from some about how they run their company. I mean I get it, I know society has created an "I deserve all want when I want it" mentality, but my heart just hurts for the FAS team that works through weekends and family crisis' to just give one more customer their "dream rig".

Ya know, I told my wife 3 years ago I would never by another piece of gear, cuz I have everything I could ever want in my Axe FXII. And of course she checked if I was off my meds, lol. But truth be told, I lied. I have since bought 2 AX8's, multiple EV1's, helped several friends and students get set up with Axe FXII's, and YES I WILL buy the 3 the very moment I get my invite, regardless of where we are with the FC or Axe Edit. To the team at FAS, I thank you for ending my lifelong elusive search for the perfect tone. I have it at my fingertips every time I turn on any of your products, and will do so till the day they put me in the ground.

Ok, I've said my peace. Let's just all be happy with what we have. The grass is never greener on the other side. Trust me, I've been there and it doesn't even come close..... Good Nite all.:)

If my name makes it to the top of the list before the FC is released, what's the cheapest/easiest way to have a simple footswitch to go from clean to dirty? I'd be happy with one switch just to X/Y between two scenes for example. I have no experience with MIDI.

If my name makes it to the top of the list before the FC is released, what's the cheapest/easiest way to have a simple footswitch to go from clean to dirty? I'd be happy with one switch just to X/Y between two scenes for example. I have no experience with MIDI.
I'm running a Tech21 midi mouse to change scenes on 1 preset, should be able to limp by no problem! You could also connect a Boss FS5L - I'm using one of those to add drive and a filter at the same time.

This is my first post for either this or axe edit III thread. And I am so stupid for posting this, as I learned long ago to never forum post when I am tired and going to bed, but here it goes.......

I had the privilege to meet Cliff and Mark at the LA Amp Show last time they were out, and I tell ya, it physically hurts me to read of the unhappiness of some who already have the Axe FXIII in their possession. I am 5 hours down the waitlist and I would gladly have the 3 in my studio with no FC or Axe Edit in sight. I mean, good grief, all this company cares about is giving us the best damn user experience ever provided by ANY company, of which I am endorsed by a PLETHORA, and for all their efforts they get to read the spew of unhappiness from some about how they run their company. I mean I get it, I know society has created an "I deserve all want when I want it" mentality, but my heart just hurts for the FAS team that works through weekends and family crisis' to just give one more customer their "dream rig".

Ya know, I told my wife 3 years ago I would never by another piece of gear, cuz I have everything I could ever want in my Axe FXII. And of course she checked if I was off my meds, lol. But truth be told, I lied. I have since bought 2 AX8's, multiple EV1's, helped several friends and students get set up with Axe FXII's, and YES I WILL buy the 3 the very moment I get my invite, regardless of where we are with the FC or Axe Edit. To the team at FAS, I thank you for ending my lifelong elusive search for the perfect tone. I have it at my fingertips every time I turn on any of your products, and will do so till the day they put me in the ground.

Ok, I've said my peace. Let's just all be happy with what we have. The grass is never greener on the other side. Trust me, I've been there and it doesn't even come close..... Good Nite all.:)
Very well said!

Roland FS5 or FS7 straight into the expression 1 and 2 inputs will do that for you.

Along the same lines, can any switch with a TRS cable be plugged into the expression pedal input and be programmed for A/B, or scenes, etc? I have several switches from my two rock and mesa amp and am hoping I can just use one of these until the FC footswitch is released.

^^^ this!!!

Amen bro. Well said.

Amen bro. Well said.

Along the same lines, can any switch with a TRS cable be plugged into the expression pedal input and be programmed for A/B, or scenes, etc? I have several switches from my two rock and mesa amp and am hoping I can just use one of these until the FC footswitch is released.
I would hate to say any, but most switches or expression pedals with a TRS plug can be plugged in and programmed to control just about whatever you would normally want to control.

You are limited to just two items but I have an expression pedal in Pedal One and a switch in Pedal Two and use them for a wide verity of functions. I think the biggest limit is the imagination.

Has there been any official statement about the FC?

Seems like weeks ago, they were needing to take actual pics of it ... then poof.

Were they redesigning it?

Any news on this since the initial AXE III launch?

That isn't really true... Many midi controller pedals cannot natively do scene changes, which means they also cannot do channel changes... Meaning they are not as well suited.

So, the ones that would work well in general:

Liquid Foot
RJM
BJ Devices
Gordius
Voes
Morningstar MC-6
MFC-101

The above controllers have various levels of programmability and other features you may or may not require.

Avoid the Ground Control pedals... They definitely are a poor choice for scenes and won't work for channels.

I don't think the Midi Mate supports defining CC data values, so another one to avoid (might need to check the manual).

The same for the Tech21 stuff...

The key ingredients you need:

Ability to send PCs (for preset changes)
Ability to send CCs (for IA switches)
Ability to define what CC data value is sent (for scene and channel selection)

IMO, you already have a capable controller. It's not as programmable as maybe an RJM or Gordius, but until the other controllers are updated for two way communication with the Axe Fx III then none of them is going to do things like display the tuner, automatically display the preset name, track IA states across scene changes, etc.

Edit: one more capability you really want:

the ability to "group" switches to make them mutually exclusive. Otherwise tracking the active scene could be very confusing. Alternatively, a feature like on the Gordius which allows you to assign LED state on button press works, too.

While waiting for the technical data of the Fc series to come out, what do you think is most interesting (and why) between

MC6
RJM Mastermind LT
Rocktron Midi Raider

While waiting for the technical data of the Fc series to come out, what do you think is most interesting (and why) between

MC6
RJM Mastermind LT
Rocktron Midi Raider
The thing I like about the MC6 is that it’ll fit in your gig bag and gets the job done with my II. I just got an MFC-101 too and it’s awesome but I’m more likely to take the MC6 to a gig.

MC6
RJM Mastermind LT
Rocktron Midi Raider
The problem with your question is that it is mostly a personal thing. What do YOU need to do?

The MC-6 is small, inexpensive and (from what I've read) pretty configurable. For me, the buttons seem a bit close together

The Mastermind LT is also small, but somewhat pricey for small controller. Assuming has similar "brains" as the other RJM devices, it is very configurable.

The Midi Raider is more old school. It's been around a while. I think it is less configurable than the other two controllers - I'm not sure you can assign button functions as you desire (I believe you get "preset" buttons and "IA" buttons only in certain positions, but it's been a number of years since I looked at that one.)

So, if you want to save money, get the MC-6. Otherwise, I'd honestly recommend a used MFC mkIII. It's a very good midi controller.

The problem with your question is that it is mostly a personal thing. What do YOU need to do?

The MC-6 is small, inexpensive and (from what I've read) pretty configurable. For me, the buttons seem a bit close together

The Mastermind LT is also small, but somewhat pricey for small controller. Assuming has similar "brains" as the other RJM devices, it is very configurable.

The Midi Raider is more old school. It's been around a while. I think it is less configurable than the other two controllers - I'm not sure you can assign button functions as you desire (I believe you get "preset" buttons and "IA" buttons only in certain positions, but it's been a number of years since I looked at that one.)

So, if you want to save money, get the MC-6. Otherwise, I'd honestly recommend a used MFC mkIII. It's a very good midi controller.

At first thank you.
I have to wait the day Cliff will give us the tecnical Fc series spec, to decide if buy Fc12 (and Kemper remote) or Mastermind GT16 (for both Axe III and Kemper).
In the meanwhile i need something to control Kemper and Axe III (that i presume will arrive in the next 2/3 weeks), that let me select at least preset,scenes, channels and some stomp on/off

Couldn't have said it any better.

Reading some of these posts just makes me cringe ("I can't play my guitar without scribble strips...whaah")
Everyone needs to just STFU and be patient. The FC will be out when it's out. In the meantime there are 3030034 other Midi controllers that will work with the III. If you can't figure out how to set it up or use it, then you're lazy.

I totally agree with giving FAS space, to get things perfect. There’s a third position, than the two listed above. I’m not complaining and I’m not lazy. My decision is to be patient, use hands-on methods to learn the III better, and use other stuff live in the meantime. I’m not interested in third-party controllers. Once the FC is available, a third-party controller would end up on the heap of unnecessary stuff, and I don’t feel like adding to the pile! The FAS solution(s) will be great.
[edited to fix my grammar and typos]

Last edited:
I totally agree with giving FAS space, to get things perfect. There’s a third position, than the two listed anove. I’m not complaining and I’m not lazy. My decision is to be patient, use hands-on methods to learn the III better, and use other stuff live in the meantime. I’m not interested in third-party controllers. Once the FC is available, it would End up on the heap of unnecessary stuff, and I don’t feel like adding to the pile!
I like that approach, and that's what I'm doing as well. I have 3 other midi controllers in the basement, but I don't 'need' to gig with the III tomorrow, so I'm just going to wait it out....unless I get bored and just feel like doing some midi set up to keep my chops up.

I’ve tried my best to avoid the forums as of late. I shake my head at all the griping. As far as the MFC and the III working together, with a little diligence it works very well. For those that absolutely cannot get by because an LED does not 100% correspond with a scene switch, I feel bad for you as you cannot remember/hear what is going on with your tone in that state. I have many patches for many different songs and I know what’s supposed to be going on when I hit that button. One LED won’t ruin my show. I understand the current state of things and do my best to work through it just like FAS is working through the FC/Edit/minute by minute updates. We have all seen the growth of this company and should all be helping at every turn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom