Any FC release time info ?

When FAS knows that it's ready to ship (which probably means on the boat), then they'll announce a waitlist. There are probably manufacturing hoo-haa's to figure out. It's not a finished product.

Patience. If anything it would make people more anxious to have a wait list for something that hasn't even rolled off the assembly line yet.

I wonder how we are going to be notified. Will those on the Axe III list get an emailed announcement directly or do we just need to get up early every day and come to the forum to check for announcements?

I could really use some sleeping in. Can’t convince myself to go to bed now that I have the III.

You'll wake up one day and there will be a waitlist announced. Nobody is going to get first dibs on it. It will work the same way every waitlist has worked in the past.

You'll wake up one day and there will be a waitlist announced. Nobody is going to get first dibs on it. It will work the same way every waitlist has worked in the past.

This to me makes no sense
People buying footswitch that will possibly not see the ax3 invitation till September while gigging guys that already paid 2500 are without the proprietary switch
I know it maybe a wait list but I would like to think FAS would address the customers that need it

My Conspiracy theory... I think FAS decided to redesign the FC's which is why we have no details since the announcement of the Axe3. There was mention that real pics would be released a week after the Axe and then nothing. Maybe they decided to give it more buttons based on all the requests

Not really a conspiracy. I'm with you tho...a redesign probably happened. Whether it 'changes' anything based off of feedback is something I doubt. But could be.

I think this has been stated already, but they announced back in January that if you want to be on the FC waitlist to use the same link and type in FC. I did and I received this........ Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 12.35.02 PM.png

There are probably people who have launched more new-model vehicles than me, but I haven’t met them.

Engineering and Manufacturing launches are really tough. Predicting when new products will be saleable is touchy.

I think this has been stated already, but they announced back in January that if you want to be on the FC waitlist to use the same link and type in FC. I did and I received this........ View attachment 46188
“They” never “announced” anything, someone on the forum posted once that someone from sales told them that they could send an email to the waitlist address, and I think people took that as gospel... I personally wouldn’t put stock in anything being official as far as wait lists go until it’s posted by Admin M@ or FractalAudio themselves in the News section of the forum or on the main site.

Not really trying to rain on anyone’s parade, but I think there’s far too much speculation on the FC Waitlist, considering that the main page still says:

Information about FC Series launch and waitlist signup will be available soon.

and I think it’s best, at this point, to only rely on info direct from the source, which FAS will announce when they’re good and ready... champing at the bit and speculating really doesn’t do any good for casual forum guests, or Fractal’s ability to manage expectations.

Last edited:
I'd love to see some tweaks to the designs we saw in the mockups -- or more than tweaks, actually...I'd rather have a 3 row option with 4 or 6 columns to better use floor space.

But it's also quite possible the software for it just isn't ready yet. After all, Axe Edit 3 isn't ready yet and it too will use the new client/server architecture. Not saying it's the same team working on both, just saying that both rely on a new architecture. Axe Edit at least has some reusable code from the prior version, I'm sure, but the FC is a completely new concept for them. Nothing from the MFC carries over. And there may still be work to do on the Axe firmware side for it too.

This to me makes no sense
People buying footswitch that will possibly not see the ax3 invitation till September while gigging guys that already paid 2500 are without the proprietary switch
I know it maybe a wait list but I would like to think FAS would address the customers that need it

This is literally the way every single waitlist in Fractal history has worked. Announce it and first come, first served. It's fair. I'll wait.

Meanwhile, this gigging guy has two controller options already in his gear collection that work just fine until his turn comes up on the list. Also, he's starting to refer to himself in the third person for some reason and that worries him a little bit.

This is literally the way every single waitlist in Fractal history has worked. Announce it and first come, first served. It's fair. I'll wait.

Meanwhile, this gigging guy has two controller options already in his gear collection that work just fine until his turn comes up on the list. Also, he's starting to refer to himself in the third person for some reason and that worries him a little bit.

I get your thinking but not everyone has a midi switcher sure I could buy
A ground control or midi mate
But that still $300 bucks out of my pocket and it’s doesn’t integrate like the FC is going to so yes ,it’s not an ideal scenario at the moment for many. Including myself

I get your thinking but not everyone has a midi switcher sure I could buy
A ground control or midi mate
But that still $300 bucks out of my pocket and it’s doesn’t integrate like the FC is going to so yes ,it’s not an ideal scenario at the moment for many. Including myself
I agree. What we are going to see is a lot of people who don't have the AXE III buying the FC6 or FC12 and then putting them up for sale to people who already have the AXE III. At a greatly increased price I am sure.

I agree. What we are going to see is a lot of people who don't have the AXE III buying the FC6 or FC12 and then putting them up for sale to people who already have the AXE III. At a greatly increased price I am sure.

Maybe we'll see the FC12 "Skip the wait list" price for $1,000 more as well... :tearsofjoy:

My guess is that FAS will have a ton of FCs available once the boat arrives, there´s not much assembling and burning in to do with a footswitch

I am enjoying this III so much but SO SO want Axe-Edit and a footswitch to start using it live. :) (and I no longer have any working midi controllers).

When I got my II it was about 8 months until the MFC-101 was available for me. I was using a Line 6 POD HD500x for MIDI control for that entire time. It did the job but it was very limited. I just appreciated the MFC-101 that much more. With the highly anticipated FC6/FC12 I know that FAS will make this worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom