Any FC release time info ?

Oh, yes.

FRFR will never be the same as a live cabinet firing at the back of your knees and bouncing open-back waves off the wall behind you. If your FTR had an effects loop, you could easily recreate the feel of the real thing. Try this:

Get your hands on an amp that's model in the Axe — one that does have an effects loop. Dial up the model on the Axe, turn off the Axe's cab and power-amp modeling, and feed the Axe's output directly into the return of the real amp. See if you can tell the difference. :)
[/QUOTE]

I had already planned on doing that... That is exactly how a good friend does his fly rig, though not with an AxeFX!

Bruce, that is excellent information, and it is why I have been so stoked to get the III; it is why I waited and kept waiting; I knew as soon as I purchased one, the III would come out... when the XL+ dropped in price, I was very tempted, but held out because I felt like the III would be special. I have no doubt it is...

I suppose that I will be weary until I have it in my hands and can play it then. I will be updating my studio monitors; Maybe that is a huge issue, so if you or anyone has a great suggestion, that would be great!
The XL+ is a great device too...well worth it. The III takes it to another level because of the horsepower behind it and of course the sounds. Live I have used the Ax8, XL (waiting for the III FC) and, many times, use the Mesa Mark IV based model or twin models and sometimes I even look over to my amps - like they were there lol! The III brownface ...so great

I had already planned on doing that... That is exactly how a good friend does his fly rig, though not with an AxeFX![/QUOTE]
Yeah its my fly rig and non-fly rig too.

The BOSS ES-8 has very extensive midi controller capabilities. It always has since it's release. I am using one currently to control my XL+. It does a great job. I'll likely be using it to control the III until the FC12 is released.

I am amazed at how many people assume the ES-8 is a cheap pedal pusher vs what it actually is and was designed to do. I image that is because it is a Boss unit vs a higher end boutique option.

As I posted in response to another message here, I was told it would not control my JP-2C; after diving into it, I was able to control it perfectly. I wondered, and still do, how well it will control the AFXIII.

I understand all settings would be different, but any bit of useful information that you could share, would be very appreciated –– I will already have a huge learning cure with the III.

Maybe this should be in a new thread, so if we should start it there, let me know! This is a wrong diversion from this thread's intended purpose.

1. Have you found the ES-8 Editor to be a great tool for your AF?

2. What parameters are you are using to control specific features?

3. Is there any AF feature that you have found you cant control via the ES-8?

The XL+ is a great device too...well worth it. The III takes it to another level because of the horsepower behind it and of course the sounds. Live I have used the Ax8, XL (waiting for the III FC) and, many times, use the Mesa Mark IV based model or twin models and sometimes I even look over to my amps - like they were there lol! The III brownface ...so great

I cant wait to try it... What is your setup, exactly?

Yeah its my fly rig and non-fly rig too.

What are you running through in a non, fly rig? If I missed it, my apologies![/QUOTE]
I use the AXE and either a QSCk12 or pair or Atomic neo or pair. I just ordered two Xitone cabs....the QSC's are the best and cleanest if I don't have a FOH set up. If I run my rig through that and use a twin its punchy and big

Maybe this should be in a new thread, so if we should start it there, let me know! This is a wrong diversion from this thread's intended purpose.
That’s an excellent idea. A new thread is just what you need (this thread needs it, too :)).

The BOSS ES-8 has very extensive midi controller capabilities. It always has since it's release. I am using one currently to control my XL+. It does a great job
Me too.
I use it with real pedals in-front of the Axe FX XL.
I also run 2 real amp heads in the Axe Fx's send/return loop (with a Palmer speaker sim obviously)
The Boss ES-8 is the master for the midi signal, everything after is the slave/thru. including the AXE FX.
Works like a charm... But if I remember, quite lengthy to configure initially.... I think that was mainly down to how you need to configure the AXE FX to "listen" for the incoming signal, so it subsequently does the intended action.. That was before Boss announced the editor program... But like I said if I remember correctly, the lengthy part was tuning in the Axe.
With the above configuration, the rig set-up capabilities are really impressive. The main reason I didnt go for the MFC initially was because I really wanted to keep my vintage pedals in my rig... Why... Because in my opinion some of them just have that extra bit of mojo, and feel... But that is for a different thread! ;)
Come to think of it, I think a good wish thread would be for the new FC from Fractal to have a half dozen loops which can be arranged/programmed any way and inserted before the outbound signal...... MMmmmmm:rolleyes:

Me too.
I use it with real pedals in-front of the Axe FX XL.
I also run 2 real amp heads in the Axe Fx's send/return loop (with a Palmer speaker sim obviously)
The Boss ES-8 is the master for the midi signal, everything after is the slave/thru. including the AXE FX.
Works like a charm... But if I remember, quite lengthy to configure initially.... I think that was mainly down to how you need to configure the AXE FX to "listen" for the incoming signal, so it subsequently does the intended action.. That was before Boss announced the editor program... But like I said if I remember correctly, the lengthy part was tuning in the Axe.
With the above configuration, the rig set-up capabilities are really impressive. The main reason I didnt go for the MFC initially was because I really wanted to keep my vintage pedals in my rig... Why... Because in my opinion some of them just have that extra bit of mojo, and feel... But that is for a different thread! ;)
Come to think of it, I think a good wish thread would be for the new FC from Fractal to have a half dozen loops which can be arranged/programmed any way and inserted before the outbound signal...... MMmmmmm:rolleyes:

This is great stuff to know!

A couple more options to FC the III that are available to me and maybe others....

1) A Roland FC-300 - i had it programmed up with my AX-8 (now sold) - dual pedals with a nice feel and flexible options to program it

2) I have, at least for the time being, a Helix floor - the ability to run it as a command center with MIDI and label presets is looking mighty appealing

A couple more options to FC the III that are available to me and maybe others....

1) A Roland FC-300 - i had it programmed up with my AX-8 (now sold) - dual pedals with a nice feel and flexible options to program it

2) I have, at least for the time being, a Helix floor - the ability to run it as a command center with MIDI and label presets is looking mighty appealing
I'm looking forward to FC...I tried a morningstar but it does do what I want....the midi set is somewhat complex...but its all good

A new thread thread on remote midi control is a great idea. Especially while we wait for the FCs to drop. As with a few here I am sure, I have extensive experience setting up and using the Boss ES-8 with my Fractal and other devices. Would be happy to answer any questions and contribute.

Yeah, I'm out of my element on programming the MFC. I cant use the MFC edit as my iOS is out of date.

Yeah, I'm out of my element on programming the MFC. I cant use the MFC edit as my iOS is out of date.

MFC Edit is for Mac, Windows, and Linux - but there is no iOS version. You can use Windows versions as old as XP SP2 (from 2004), since it’s just a Java app.

A new thread thread on remote midi control is a great idea. Especially while we wait for the FCs to drop. As with a few here I am sure, I have extensive experience setting up and using the Boss ES-8 with my Fractal and other devices. Would be happy to answer any questions and contribute.

I have good experience with the Es-8, but it is not with the Axe-Fx, or more specifically, the III.

I am unsure how the scenes translate, add in the channels, and it could take some time to figure out on my own!

If you could share how you are using your es-8, that would be great! Are you using the Es-8 Editor?

I have good experience with the Es-8, but it is not with the Axe-Fx, or more specifically, the III.

I am unsure how the scenes translate, add in the channels, and it could take some time to figure out on my own!

If you could share how you are using your es-8, that would be great! Are you using the Es-8 Editor?

I should have my III on Tuesday. Will dig in then. From what I have read so far, it appears as though you have assign the midi CC yourself in the III, where as the II already has them laid out. I could be wrong but thats how I understood it. Should still be pretty much the same config in the ES-8.

Oh and I don’t use the editor. I find it faster to program from the unit itself. It’s nice to know it inside out without the editor in case you have to adjust something on the fly, at a gig. Same with the Axe FX!

Back
Top Bottom