Any FC release time info ?

I do hope we can have different layouts per preset and aren't limited to a total of 12 overall layouts.
Me too!

Originally, I thought it was the former but after rereading the product announcement page I now suspect the latter.

Edit: here's the text:

Each FC controller can have up to 12 different “layouts” with each layout featuring your choice of control functions. Default factory layouts are provided to get up and running quickly while advanced users can program their own custom layouts to fit their individual performance needs.

Last edited:
The FC series are like 12 foot controllers in one. The FC foot controllers feature 12 "layouts". Each layout has a unique, user-assignable set of switch functions. For example Layout 1 could have five preset switches, five scene switches and two switches assigned to bank up/down. Press and hold the bottom right switch and the then tap the switch above it and you enter Layout Select mode. Then tap a switch to select a new Layout. This new layout could have six channel switches and six bypass switches. Etc.

@FractalAudio, can you tell us the dimensions (and weight ?) on the FC12 and FC6 ??
Accompanying pics /sketch-ups would naturally be even sweeter, but dimensions would be a good start.

I'm preparing tour pedalboard build(s) and would love to know the dimensions of the FC's - especially the FC12.

The artist renderings are at the bottom of this page, if you haven't seen them:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/iii/

Thanks, I've seen those, but I'm curious about the dimensions of the FC12 and the placement of the XLR input on the FC12 as I'm planning a board build and am contemplating whether getting 2 FC-12's for that is the way to go for me since a 3-row FC-18 or 21, which is what I really want is probably not going to happen.

This is purely speculation... I have a hunch there are production changes to the design and that's why we're not getting any more info or photos.

It'd really be nice if you could set it up such that each preset had its own layout. Some presets you might use 8 scenes, and others you might only use a couple, so you don't necessarily want the same number of switched dedicated to scenes. Likewise, there may be IA switches you use with one preset that you don't want for another. Really, giving you this ability to "trim the fat" out of your layout on the front end, and only having what you need in front of you is the only thing I could see that would make up for having such a limited number of switches.

Ideally for me, it would be great to be able to freely assign footswitches on a per preset basis. But I'm guessing with the 12 layouts that's what we'll be able to do, assign a layout to the preset then edit the layout to suit your needs. The only issue that comes in to play is if you need more than 12 layouts. I doubt many of us will. It's all about thinking things thru

It'd really be nice if you could set it up such that each preset had its own layout. Some presets you might use 8 scenes, and others you might only use a couple, so you don't necessarily want the same number of switched dedicated to scenes. Likewise, there may be IA switches you use with one preset that you don't want for another. Really, giving you this ability to "trim the fat" out of your layout on the front end, and only having what you need in front of you is the only thing I could see that would make up for having such a limited number of switches.
That's exactly what I do on my AX8, and I've never needed all 8 switches for a single patch.

Ideally for me, it would be great to be able to freely assign footswitches on a per preset basis. But I'm guessing with the 12 layouts that's what we'll be able to do, assign a layout to the preset then edit the layout to suit your needs. The only issue that comes in to play is if you need more than 12 layouts. I doubt many of us will. It's all about thinking things thru
I could make 12 work if I had to, but it would be SOOO much better if we could just have custom layouts per preset like the AX8.

I could make 12 work if I had to, but it would be SOOO much better if we could just have custom layouts per preset like the AX8.
I have no actual info on these, but I can't imagine that these won't be at least as useful as the AX8 switching system. It would seem that they would have to have custom layouts per preset. If not, what would the scribble strips even be for?

I have no actual info on these, but I can't imagine that these won't be at least as useful as the AX8 switching system. It would seem that they would have to have custom layouts per preset. If not, what would the scribble strips even be for?
Well, for labeling the buttons per layout, of course!;)

I'm hoping... But haven't seen any confirmation yet.

I'm surprised that the AxeFx III offers more switching options (Scene, Channels, etc), but the footswitch offers less. I hope there is another one with at least 24 switches!

Back
Top Bottom