Any EBMM owners?

Oh dude! As soon as you mentioned your (soon-to-be former-Helix) buddy's wife being mad at you, right away I thought, I wonder if I'll get blamed when la noise gets that JP6? hehe

Haha! You are safe. I am only the victim of my own choices.... and not anyone's influence on me. :D

Besides, I have been blessed with some unforeseen work that added some duckets to the budget bucket. Yay!
I was holding out for the FM9 as my next big purchase, but I have a feeling I won't need funds set aside for
that for awhile.

We'll see how this all shakes out. The seller and I are still a couple hundred apart.

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well. I thought I'd revive the thread and try and cheer you all up on a Monday lol. I wasn't planning on buying this one but it came up just out of blue and I couldn't say no. Yes I know another L3, I couldn't resist it! I've been playing it all weekend, I put on a new set of Paradigms on Friday eve just to give them a try, I usually use EB RPS's. Let's just say the Paradigms are now dead lol.

Anyway here's a pic for you all when it turned up, I'll grab some more when I get a chance!

ee0b56a5-a497-4db0-b574-876b342b62b1.jpg

I used the majesty and the JP15 for about a year. They are both quality guitars and the price seems to be in line with the quality you get for USA instrument these days. They have a lot of features and a lot of electronics, all of which can go wrong - quickly. The concept is very cool - if that is what you need. I had 9 in my line up - 3 JP15's and 6 Majesty's ( 2 monarchy models, a koa, 3 earlier models).

I think the guitar would be more usable if it didn't have the boost/piezo/active section or if you had the option to still use the analog guitar without some battery drain. There are so many times I just wanted to use the guitar as a "guitar" and not worry about the extra features and it would die mid gig, song, etc. I didn't find their approach to single coil sounds all that useful and so you are kind of in a two pickup - LP/PRS/Ibanez land and somewhere in between for sounds which was not enough a draw for me to continue with them.

The other thing I would say if you are dead set on a Jp15 or Majesty model, I would go JP15. I didn't like the feel of the Majesty. It is a killer instrument, it just didn't give me the ability to have some the of the qualities I like in a super strat style guitar. To me the JP 15 is slightly more well-rounded. I think they could re-imagine the majesty with a roasted neck and it would be a more useful instrument. But it is designed for JP himself so that is what you get....it works flawlessly for his genre and "OK" for other styles which is also not enough for me.

The Sabre is a cool alternative for sure. Not crazy about the trem - but it is ok.

It is a preference thing....EBMM is a killer company and they are top in CS and design. The only downside with them is they do not have a more "custom" approach to design.

If they did, this might be a guitar I would still be playing...

I've got a Half Baked Sabre arriving today--this will be EBMM #9 and my first BFR. I'll probably hold off on opening it until tomorrow (it's cold today), but I'll post pictures soon!

In the meantime, here are some of the images from Willcutt listing. The back stuck out to me. It's kinda funky, and I like it.

View attachment 97118

View attachment 97119
Ha! I was gonna' get this one but you beat me to it! Congrats! Pics when it arrives :)

I've got a Half Baked Sabre arriving today--this will be EBMM #9 and my first BFR. I'll probably hold off on opening it until tomorrow (it's cold today), but I'll post pictures soon!

In the meantime, here are some of the images from Willcutt listing. The back stuck out to me. It's kinda funky, and I like it.

View attachment 97118

View attachment 97119
That back look

View attachment 97118

View attachment 97119
That back looks great - kinda like a Palomino.

Back
Top Bottom