Any EBMM owners?

Curious about the virtues versus the vices debate regarding owning multiples of
the same guitar. What say you all?? :)
For me, when I get a guitar I love, there's just none other I'd rather play. I get everything I want out of just that guitar. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to cover different styles using different guitars. I'll do that via PU selection/vol/tone knob jockying, and the amps/effects combos in the Axe III. And I don't play much in the way of Fendery tones, other than Pink Floyd. Covering his solos accurately, makes up for not getting super-close to the tone.

It was that way when I was in my teens/20's with my LP Custom Silverburst. I wanted a LP Custom, and when I saw a Silverburst at Chuck Levin's, while shopping for a pro clarinet, I knew that was the color I wanted. And I bought another new one in the 2000's, but later sold it.

When I got my PRS CU24, that eclipsed the LP (except for songs where the PRS didn't have the natural sustain.) Then once I got back into playing, and became serious about not wanting any part of the guitar to limit me, I fell in love with the Majesty.

Picked the Enchanted Forest for the color. Love it so much, when I saw the Honey Butter 20th, I just had to have it. Although the other purchases were made pretty quickly after I started gassing, I really took my time with this one, just to make sure I'd be ok with the financial part, because it's getting up to the edge of my comfort zone. And even I asked myself, "Why have just another of the same guitar?"

But the best answer is, because I love the Majesty that much, I instantly fell in love with the color of the 20th, and I can.

If I decide to gig again (and it's looking that way, since my rededication to all this practice is really starting to show results), I'll probably use them for different tunings, since changing tunings on a floating trem, even during a set break, is a pain.

Thanks Sash, Love your Firemist purple too!
The Firemist Purple is something special.
There is a connection that’s hard to describe.
I can easily pick out that one between the others in a blind test, only by playing them blindfolded without any amplifier etc.
i love them all three and when it comes to tone the Cherry burst beats them all but when I play the Firemist Purple ther is sometime of a heartbeat, I never ever had that with a guitar before.

By the way, I looked up the Majesty neck specs, and they're pretty close to one of the ones you said you loved: 17" radius, thickness: 1st fret: 18.7mm, @ 12th fret: 20.4mm. I don't know neck carves and specs all that well. All I know is this thing plays like buttah!

Lazy guy’s question: is there an EBMM superstrat with 60’s voiced not-silent singles, 70’s PAF bucker, roasted maple, alder, floating bridge, that actually sounds like a vintage strat but with advantage of the MM neck/playability?

I glanced through the catalog, too many model names and too many artist-tone oriented YT demos and not enough on basic unvarnished tone of each pickup at various gain and tone.
Just curious…

Lazy guy’s question: is there an EBMM superstrat with 60’s voiced not-silent singles, 70’s PAF bucker, roasted maple, alder, floating bridge, that actually sounds like a vintage strat but with advantage of the MM neck/playability?

I glanced through the catalog, too many model names and too many artist-tone oriented YT demos and not enough on basic unvarnished tone of each pickup at various gain and tone.
Just curious…
The Cutlass would get you pretty close!

Just curious…

Aren't those the exact specs of the Luke HSS?

Thanks - can't remember which video but I think the Silhouette is the one with the 60's voicing. I could be wrong though.
After a little looking around, the Cutlass appears to be voiced closer to 60's vintage. Any owners with Cutlass HSS / Strat HSS comparisons are welcome to chime in.

After a little looking around, the Cutlass appears to be voiced closer to 60's vintage. Any owners with Cutlass HSS / Strat HSS comparisons are welcome to chime in.

If everything but the pickups work, just swap the pickups and enjoy :)

I have an EBMM Cutlass HSS and a Fender Stratocaster 40th Anniv. model. They are different, but mostly because I put Kinman Woodstocks into the Strat. The single-coils on the Cutlass are good. They respond well in every application I've put them through, in the past year and a half. No complaints.

You never can really tell, though, until it's in your hands. Recommend buying from a reputable dealer who will allow you to return or exchange it if it's not what you're looking for - but, then, you already know this :)

Back
Top Bottom