Any EBMM owners?

Whatever happened behind the scenes between John Petrucci and Ibanez, I think they lost a lot of potential business since EBMM partnered with him. A lot of players using his models nowadays. They were never even on my radar as a company, but now that I own a Majesty, I'm super happy with the brand.

Whatever happened behind the scenes between John Petrucci and Ibanez, I think they lost a lot of potential business since EBMM partnered with him. A lot of players using his models nowadays. They were never even on my radar as a company, but now that I own a Majesty, I'm super happy with the brand.
With Joe satriani, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, polyphia, Tony macalpine, Nita Strauss, Herman Lee, ECT.... brother Ibanez are not hurting....the number of JEMs alone they've sold in 25+ years is insane. I'd still love to get my hands on an old JP Ibanez tho. Ibanez prices are getting to be ridiculous IMO for a bolt on guitar. Those majesty's are absolutely beautiful. I wish my local music store would get one so I could test drive it

Last edited:
I suppose they're not hurting. (I really wouldn't know.) But no doubt they lost some business. I was careful to word that post to simply say that I feel it opened a lot of players to MM.

Brought in a Cutlass HSS about a year and a half ago. It's become my number one player in my current band.

36.jpg

https://www.music-man.com/bfr/december-2018

Curious about the virtues versus the vices debate regarding owning multiples of
the same guitar. What say you all?? :)

I can only speak for myself, I always just need one guitar for everything. I‘ve done a lot of studio work back in the days as a payed musician and you only had to do the job it doesn’t matter which guitar you are using and/or often they just give you a guitar that you have to play. Job done :)

Today it’s the same, I never was a singlecoil Player, so I only need a Guitar with Humbuckers and coilsplit.
Why do I have three LIII?
One for my main guitar the second one is a backup for live and the third one is for a different tuning.

For me as I'm in a function band I have to cover a lot of ground tone wise with our sets. One I use in standard tuning which is my main guitar for the evening, the other one is tuned down a whole step for another tune we do and the 3rd one I use at home a lot. I guess I just want presets to sound consistent enough and if I'm using a similar guitar with the same pickups and specs then I should get no issues.

Plus If I've restrung the other two for a gig I won't use them to practice I'll use my spare one just so it all sounds the same. I am using an acoustic and a LP this weekend as well. So 4 in total. It can be a pain but its a wedding crowd and some of the songs have different tunings.

Maybe when the pitch block in the FM3 has caught up with the Axe III I'll use the virtual capo instead. I think people like to see us bring out different guitars now and again it. It adds to the show.

The main reasons for owning 3 of them. They look cool, sound awesome and are fantastic to play period!

Back
Top Bottom