Any EBMM owners?

I immediately searched the MM forums, and other people reported the same issue (on the Majesty, as well as other models), but it was obviously pretty rare.

Aside from string changes because of the e string, I've played it so much that I've probably worn out 5 sets! What version did you get? How do you like it?

Edit: I see it a couple posts above. Beautiful color.
It's a 2020 release. I was going to go for the limited edition nebula (or whatever it was called... the purple one), but decided on the dark roast, since my mother gifted me money prior to passing with cancer... and every morning we had coffee together (hence, dark roast). Also, I wasn't going to pay an extra grand for a color. No complaints... very nice playing. Yes, it does have a thin neck (think Ibanez wizard neck), but I have small hands, and it's a 7-string, so there's added bulk to it. I do prefer a tighter attack for rhythm (Solar guitars are good for this), but it does have superior tone and depth for lead (better than Solar).

My Majesty's and my StingRay 5
IMG-9453.jpg
Love that color on the bass. They pair well together.

These 20th anniversary models. I'm liking that JP6 honey butter. Interesting that the pickups are back to the crunchlab/liquifires. Reminds me of the late 2000 JP6's.

Great feedback guys, thank you.

The basis for all this research is that I'm really, REALLY wanting a Sabre but at $4200 eye watering CAD up here i dont want to make an ill-formed decision. My 3 desired choices are PRS CE24, E-2 Eclipse and EBMM Sabre. I've owned both ESP's and PRS before so I'm familiar with those and they are also a lot more common for me to potentially find ones that i can play. I have never encountered a MM though and i suspect any purchase will be unplayed and via pics online.

I have a friend with a Suhr Modern that in all honesty doesn't impress me much and has several issues that are unacceptable to me on a $4/5k guitar and that aspect kind of got me pondering the massive price tags on these top end guitars and if its really reflective in the quality of the instrument. I know ultimately you really have to play a guitar to truly know but being in a very rural area and the rarer nature of the top shelf guitars i can only do so much.

I'm just so used to "workhorse" style guitars around the $1500/2500 range that ultimately play just fine but usually after a little more setup. In my mind a guitar of this pedigree will play like butter right from the box, nut height to the lowest possible, dead level frets and fingerboard, action low and clean. Pickups will always be a personal thing so is less important to me than the build/play quality and product support, which from what im seeing is nothing to be concerned with.
I have a Sabre and it’s quick simply the best guitar I’ve played or owned.

I like the blue with black hardware! Is that a maple neck I see peeking out from behind the fretboard?
Yes, it’s a flamed maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. The color is called Firemist purple, depends on how you look at it, shades between blue and purple.
B6CAB746-0FB6-4472-ACAB-CF5EAA07D000.jpeg

I never uploaded pics of my two current EBMM's. 2018 JP15 and my trusty 2002 Axis that I still remember picking up from the guitar store. the lighting in my cave doesn't do justice to the figured tops and the Axis has an amazing prominent birdseye maple neck

Attachments

• ebmms.jpg
    ebmms.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • KJP15_1.jpg
    KJP15_1.jpg
    988.4 KB · Views: 20
My fetish is Ibanez JEM/RG guitars but I've always wanted that original FP model. It's very sharp and has some great features.

Good lookin' guitars, folks. Roasted maple looks real nice, too.

I picked up a Stingray in ice blue metallic with roasted neck for a friend of mine on the weekend. It's had some mods (one pickup swap, tone knob removed, pickguard swap) but came with the original guard and both sets of pickups.

PXL_20210814_182818354.jpg

The neck feels really nice, even though the strings need to be changed. It did continue to cement that the ebmm nut width is a little too narrow for me, but it's a fun guitar. I didn't know they were mahogany and the weight is a little more than I was expecting. My buddy paid a great price for it IMO and I think he's really gonna dig it!

Last edited:
Yes sir, right here.

I have 2 EBMM Silhouette Specials with vintage trems & hand selected DiMarzio pickups.

One is a 96 model and the other is a 99 model. I love everything about them...period !

Back
Top Bottom