Any EBMM owners?

I have also two 2020 L3's and I love the new Pickups, so much clarity and dynamic.

I love my 2019 L3 with Transition Pickups as well but I prefer the new Music Man Pickups. Maybe that's a sign to sell my 2019🤔
Agreed! I don't like the Translations. The 2020 (Cutlass) singles are really vintage sounding, the old singles were more shreddy and not as chimey and sparkly.

The new buckers are also really nice, much clearer and open. The old ones were much darker. The old bridge was also way too mid heavy for my tastes.

Agreed! I don't like the Translations. The 2020 (Cutlass) singles are really vintage sounding, the old singles were more shreddy and not as chimey and sparkly.

The new buckers are also really nice, much clearer and open. The old ones were much darker. The old bridge was also way too mid heavy for my tastes.
Yeah I totally agree đź‘Ť
I'm thinking about to sell my 2019 but I love the Firemist Purple Finish and the Guitar itself plays like butter, I love it but I prefer the sound of the 2030.

I have also two 2020 L3's and I love the new Pickups, so much clarity and dynamic.

I love my 2019 L3 with Transition Pickups as well but I prefer the new Music Man Pickups. Maybe that's a sign to sell my 2019🤔

I've been thinking of selling my Firemist Purple L3 HSS for one of the new L3's. Still keeping my Boysenberry burst HH L3 as I really like that guitar it just has a sound and feel to it I really like. Some sound better than others I find and the boysenberry definitely sounds a lot better than my firemist purple.

Not had the chance to try the new L3 pickups yet but I I'll probably end up getting a Fuchsia sparkle HSS next year. I like the idea of having more clarity and dynamics to the sound.

I've been thinking of selling my Firemist Purple L3 HSS for one of the new L3's. Still keeping my Boysenberry burst HH L3 as I really like that guitar it just has a sound and feel to it I really like. Some sound better than others I find and the boysenberry definitely sounds a lot better than my firemist purple.

Not had the chance to try the new L3 pickups yet but I I'll probably end up getting a Fuchsia sparkle HSS next year. I like the idea of having more clarity and dynamics to the sound.
I have a Fuchsia Sparkle and I love it!
You will not regret it.
I love my Firemist Purple as well but I wish I could change the Pickups for the new 2020 EBMM Custom Pickups.
(they have more clarity and dynamics but they have less bass und output but they are very balanced Pickups)

Funny, I had transitions in my Epi LP and swapped them for others. Looking back they were really great for the guitar. On my JP15 I'm swapping out the Illuminators for a Dominion Bridge/Transition Neck. Really looking forward to putting those in

I have a Fuchsia Sparkle and I love it!
You will not regret it.
I love my Firemist Purple as well but I wish I could change the Pickups for the new 2020 EBMM Custom Pickups.
(they have more clarity and dynamics but they have less bass und output but they are very balanced Pickups)

I'd do that as well but it doesn't look like those custom pickups are available separately unfortunately. Shame really I love my Friremist purple too it has a beautiful flame neck on the back. Slighty more flame than my Boysenberry burst. Hopefully when the Fuchsias turn up here in the UK next year I'll get a nice flame neck on it. I can't even order one till next year so I'm told as Music Man aren't taking ayn new orders till the new year.

In the case of the HSS model, the singles are regular single coils and not stacked like the old ones. The new electronics are all pcb based. Pots, 5-way, the boost circuit, even the freaking tone cap is a tiny 2x0.8 mm SMD component mounted on the circuit board. Anyway, on that board, there is also a dummy coil with a couple of trim pots. Also called the silent circuit, which reduces noise from the single coils. It's not as good as Suhrs SSCII, but it's pretty good nonetheless. Definitely good enough IMHO.

TLDR; Even if you could buy the pickups from Music Man, the single coils would hum, and the humbuckers wouldn't fit. The mounting tabs are of a different shape, and would require modification to fit.

In the case of the HSS model, the singles are regular single coils and not stacked like the old ones. The new electronics are all pcb based. Pots, 5-way, the boost circuit, even the freaking tone cap is a tiny 2x0.8 mm SMD component mounted on the circuit board. Anyway, on that board, there is also a dummy coil with a couple of trim pots. Also called the silent circuit, which reduces noise from the single coils. It's not as good as Suhrs SSCII, but it's pretty good nonetheless. Definitely good enough IMHO.

TLDR; Even if you could buy the pickups from Music Man, the single coils would hum, and the humbuckers wouldn't fit. The mounting tabs are of a different shape, and would require modification to fit.

Good to know thanks. A new guitar it is then! lol

Correct, as for the Pickups, I can make them fit.
I did work for a luthier and I've done some similar modifications to put duncan etc. Pickups in routings for dimarzio Pickups. I can change the baseplate from the Pickup as well if necessary etc.

Correct, as for the Pickups, I can make them fit.
I did work for a luthier and I've done some similar modifications to put duncan etc. Pickups in routings for dimarzio Pickups. I can change the baseplate from the Pickup as well if necessary etc.
Yeah, it's not super difficult if you know what you're doing :cool:

EDIT: Fun fact, the bridge humbuckers on the HH and HSS models are not the same. The HH bridge is a bit hotter (higher resistance at least) than the one on the HSS.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not super difficult if you know what you're doing :cool:

EDIT: Fun fact, the bridge humbuckers on the HH and HSS models are not the same. The HH bridge is a bit hotter (higher resistance at least) than the one on the HSS.
I didn't know that the HH Bridge Humbucker is a bit hotter, thanksđź‘Ť
I didn't play. HSS Guitars.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the Transition Pickups, they are great but Actually I prefer the clarity and the balance of the new Pickups.
Maybe I'm keeping my 2019 L3 between my other two 2020 L3 for a different sound.

I've got a 1st year EBMM EVH in amber. Love it.

The only issue is that the chrome on the saddles has worn off allowing string breakabe all the time. Unfortunately I can't find replacement saddles. Pretty upset about that.

I've got a 1st year EBMM EVH in amber. Love it.

The only issue is that the chrome on the saddles has worn off allowing string breakabe all the time. Unfortunately I can't find replacement saddles. Pretty upset about that.
Won't the Gotoh 1996 saddles work? It is an earlier version that you have on your guitar, after all.

No. The MMEB EVH saddles are slightly offset. If you look closely you can see it. I'm very frustrated about this. It makes the Trem obsolete when saddles wears out. The Gotoh trem fits but it's not original. :(

No. The MMEB EVH saddles are slightly offset. If you look closely you can see it. I'm very frustrated about this. It makes the Trem obsolete when saddles wears out. The Gotoh trem fits but it's not original. :(
The original trem is made by Gotoh. As long as it fits, I wouldn't worry.

I have had six EBMMS so far, still have five of them. Have had no problem with any, other than that they need a slight neck adjustment once in a while. The neck adjustment is simple though, their truss rod wheel is at the end of the neck and probably takes less than thirty seconds. I don’t think I’ve ever had to turn it more than 1/16 of a turn either way. I think the reason for this is that I keep my neck straight as an arrow with maybe only .002 - .004 thousandths of relief, and when you do this any little change in humidity or temperature can screw this tiny tolerance up. My electronics have all worked great with no issues. The unfinished necks combined with stainless frets are just out of this world. They really have the best necks IMO. As far as price, most dealers can be talked down around 10% from list...maybe even more. They are willing to work with you. I got my last JP15 for $2950 and it listed for $3450.
The best part about EBMM is their consistency. It’s not like a Gibson where guitars vary greatly in weight and sound and you really have to go play a Les Paul before you buy it. These are all within a few ounces of each other and the sound doesn’t change between guitars of a particular model.

Attachments

• DF739E46-1E09-4232-8DE0-4C901379F042.jpeg
    DF739E46-1E09-4232-8DE0-4C901379F042.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom