Any EBMM owners?

Same here. Have you tried anything else yet?
I haven't but would probably go for some Bare Knuckles. Tim @ Bare Knuckle recommended their Rebel Yells (I have them in my LP) or the Nailbombs for a fuller tone for the smaller-bodied JP6. That recommendation was 7 years ago however. Just sent them a note to see if they can make some to fit w/o modification.

I had the Rebel Yells in my JP6 BFR and they sounded amazing. I combed through my photo library to find a pic.
Also, in my current JP15 I'm about to order Dimarzio Dominion for bridge and a Transition for the neck.

Attachments

• jp6.jpg
    jp6.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 28
I was at the Guitar shop this afternoon and took a look at some EBMM models they had. The Valentine was there and it looked nice. If i had the money , honestly, i'd likely buy one of each of their guitars. I love the necks. The baked roasted maple necks are just so easy to play. I will say thought that when i pick up my original Axis it just feels like home. It just wants you to play its so easy. I have the AT-1 Dimarzio (andy timmons) and the 36th anniversary paf in the neck. That combo is so perfect.

The basis for all this research is that I'm really, REALLY wanting a Sabre but at $4200 eye watering CAD up here i dont want to make an ill-formed decision. My 3 desired choices are PRS CE24, E-2 Eclipse and EBMM Sabre. I've owned both ESP's and PRS before so I'm familiar with those and they are also a lot more common for me to potentially find ones that i can play. I have never encountered a MM though and i suspect any purchase will be unplayed and via pics online.
I had a CE22 in the past, while it’s a great guitar, I don’t think it can be compared with EBMM like the JP models or Sabre. These are totally different animals and from my experience the EBMM wins all the way.

I had 3 Lukes, 3 Silhouettes, 1 Reflex, 1 JPX, A Morse. the Lukes were great guitars, all older model, with EMG pickups. The JPX was terrible, the neck moved everyday, was impossible to keep in tune. I don’t think the quality of what they produce now is as good as the guitars they made 6/7 years ago. So much focus on getting as many Majesty guitars out the door,

I had a CE22 in the past, while it’s a great guitar, I don’t think it can be compared with EBMM like the JP models or Sabre. These are totally different animals and from my experience the EBMM wins all the way.

You'd say EBMM is that much better than PRS, even the Custom22/24's?

I have a Majesty and a Cutlas. I love the Majesty. i really like the Cutlas but the neck is a bit too narrow at the nut for me. Otherwise it’s great. I can’t complain about the quality and finish.

You'd say EBMM is that much better than PRS, even the Custom22/24's?
In terms of playability compared to my Majesty, 100% yes! but that’s I will assume is the same with many other guitars as it has the best agronomics you can ask for.
In terms of sound, that’s subjective. I didn’t like so much the 22 back then, the guitar didn’t hold up more than few months and few rehearsals and I sold it.

At the end of a day is a matter of taste, go ahead and try one, maybe you will like it, maybe not so much (I doubt it :) ).
For me, Majesty (although even today after few years with it, I'm not a big fan of how it looks) is the best playable guitar I have ever owned, and I had a few….

These are some of my EBMM JP's I have a problem... :fearscream: They're all great guitars and all a little different... My favorite is the JPXI In the Middle...
View attachment 71922
I have an exact same Majesty

In 2014 I visited EBMM factory in San Luis Obispo, had a tour in the factory by one of the guys over there (can't remember the name) it was organized for me by my local dealer and EBMM said yes, it was very cool, I've spent there half a day or so through all productions lines and stages, listening to all the explanations of how and why, the amount of work they put into an instrument and mostly on the Majesty (most working hours guitar they build!) is insane!
I fully understand where the cost of these guitars come from, there is so much thinking going into one instrument, its not just a nice looking piece of wood.
I can understand where the price comes from but still, I wish it was more affordable so I can buy more.

BTW, back than their best seller was the Majesty and I wouldn’t be surprised if it still is.
This guitar is really something else.

I've got a Luke 2, Luke 3 and Luke 3 BFR. You could say I'm a fan. The smaller bodies and necks of the Luke models fit my physique. Speaking of necks, I love the gun oil/wax finish and apply it to all my satin necks.

But I've got to say, my CU24 is the most playable guitar I own.

I've got a Luke 2, Luke 3 and Luke 3 BFR. You could say I'm a fan. The smaller bodies and necks of the Luke models fit my physique. Speaking of necks, I love the gun oil/wax finish and apply it to all my satin necks.

But I've got to say, my CU24 is the most playable guitar I own.
I assume that CU24 isn't an SE, right?

In terms of playability compared to my Majesty, 100% yes! but that’s I will assume is the same with many other guitars as it has the best agronomics you can ask for.
In terms of sound, that’s subjective. I didn’t like so much the 22 back then, the guitar didn’t hold up more than few months and few rehearsals and I sold it.

At the end of a day is a matter of taste, go ahead and try one, maybe you will like it, maybe not so much (I doubt it :) ).
For me, Majesty (although even today after few years with it, I'm not a big fan of how it looks) is the best playable guitar I have ever owned, and I had a few….

Absolutely! I wasn’t doubting your opinion at all I was just surprised since I always considered PRS’ Core line to be very high quality so if EBMM felt that much better than those, I’m very excited!

I will be honest though the JP series is not to my taste aesthetically but the Sabre and Axis are right in my wheelhouse.

Back
Top Bottom