Any EBMM owners?

Romo82

Experienced
What model do you have and what do you love/hate about it?

Is there a guitar you wished you bought instead?

Thank you in advance.

I have a JP6 PDN that's about 6 years old I'd guess. I'm not really a Petrucci fanboy and didn't get it for the name on the headstock, but for its quality and versatility. It's my #1 gigging guitar due to that. Stays in tune great - love having a tremolo with non-locking nut. Can get a wide range of tones between the humbuckers, coil split, and piezo pickups. Roasted neck is fabulous. Stainless steel frets are great. It's been very reliable and covers everything.

I have my first love , a 2002 Axis that is just a real player. Transluscent red. It's just so easy to play and i love unfinished necks with their gunstock oil/wax treatment
I then had a 2008 jp6 BFR tobacco burst which was just freaking gorgeous. I loved looking at it more than playing. wasn't a fan of the JP pickups and the gloss finished neck. sadly sold this guitar. needed the cash at the time.
I now have a JP15 transblack which plays like a dream. love the maple roasted neck. amazing craftsmanship but again just not a fan of the JP pickups. High output/clinical. too much for my tastes so will be replacing the pups soon.

Huge fan of EBMM. I'd was always curious to try a Mariposa or that one really odd one they did that was neck through. I can't recall the name but dont think they are making anymore. Had a really different shape than their usual. Similar to mariposa a bit.
edit: its an Armada.

Last edited:
I have a Majesty, an Albert Lee HH and a Cutlass SSS. I'm happy with all of them. The only annoying thing is that both the Majesty and Cutlass have active circuits that do not work well with germanium fuzz pedals.

Majesty. Absolutely HATE the illuminator pickups. I liked the roasted neck on a St. Vincent I tried better...that would be a sweet guitar if they'd put that combo together. I wasn't too keen on the body shape when it came out, but when you wear it, it's apparent why it's designed like it is.

The latter majesties got sonic ecstasy and after the dreamcatcher rainmaker combo.

So I had two beaten up second hand JP6 that I loved, sold them to buy a brand new JP12 which is my main and just a wonderful guitar !
I have a JP7 too, I do not use it a lot but it's very comfy !

I long for a majesty, I have no idea which one I'll get, but I'm scanning classified and special prices :)

Price is the only real flaw of music man guitars

I've got a EVH EBMM and an old stingray project guitar that I haven't fixed up yet. The EVH is a great guitar, I really like the feel of the neck; however the nut width is a little skinny for my taste.

Majesty, Siberian Sapphire

I want to love the guitar, but it's fighting me all the way. Comfortable weight, nice neck.
But the neck moves constantly. I've never had a guitar that needs neck adjustment like this one.
Every couple weeks, between 1/4-3/4 turn, usually relief. If it sits for a while, both
the Hi E and B are buzzing flat on Fingerboard.

Does not stay in tune very well (with little or no Whammy use) and I'm not in love with the
pickups (DiMarzio Illuminators). They're not terrible, but the cleans are a bit nasally for my taste.
I honestly have less than 50 hrs on the guitar and the Smoke Chrome finish on the bridge has
already worn off on the top side. I've intonated it several times as well, but doesn't help the tuning much

Also, maybe a minor point, but the instructions for the electronics plain suck. Drawings instead of
explaining what holding the Piezo knob down actually does (switch between mono/stereo out).
For a 2.5k instrument, very cheesy. Had to watch a bunch of Youtube reviews to actually learn this.

At any rate, I'm going to keep fiddling and see if I can make peace with it.

Majesty, Siberian Sapphire

I want to love the guitar, but it's fighting me all the way. Comfortable weight, nice neck.
But the neck moves constantly. I've never had a guitar that needs neck adjustment like this one.
Every couple weeks, between 1/4-3/4 turn, usually relief. If it sits for a while, both
the Hi E and B are buzzing flat on Fingerboard.

Does not stay in tune very well (with little or no Whammy use) and I'm not in love with the
pickups (DiMarzio Illuminators). They're not terrible, but the cleans are a bit nasally for my taste.
I honestly have less than 50 hrs on the guitar and the Smoke Chrome finish on the bridge has
already worn off on the top side. I've intonated it several times as well, but doesn't help the tuning much

Also, maybe a minor point, but the instructions for the electronics plain suck. Drawings instead of
explaining what holding the Piezo knob down actually does (switch between mono/stereo out).
For a 2.5k instrument, very cheesy. Had to watch a bunch of Youtube reviews to actually learn this.

At any rate, I'm going to keep fiddling and see if I can make peace with it.
Sounds like your neck has a production issue.

My Majesty (early model) stay in tune no matter how hard i abuse her.

I had in the past terrible issues with a new JP15 (which I immediately returned) and know about other bad production fuckups, its rear but it happens and yea, for a 2.5k-3k$ guitar it's not acceptable.
On the other and since my guitar was ordered directly from MMEB, I got a very got service from them as soon as I contacted about it and I will continue to use their guitars, I really wona grab a Sabre.

Last edited:
I have a Steve Morse Y2D Darklord.
Bought this guitar, because of the fat neck (similar to a '58 Les Paul), compared to the regular Y2D, and the reverse headstock.

What I don't like is that dust collects under the clear pickguard and that it's a bit on the heavy side.

I haven't owned one personally, but I extensively played my dad's EVH model in my teen years. It was a really great guitar; solid and stable, easy to play, significant figuring to the wood (especially the birds eye neck). He should've never sold it...

Not so surprisingly, it sounded great through a 5150 combo :)

Great feedback guys, thank you.

The basis for all this research is that I'm really, REALLY wanting a Sabre but at $4200 eye watering CAD up here i dont want to make an ill-formed decision. My 3 desired choices are PRS CE24, E-2 Eclipse and EBMM Sabre. I've owned both ESP's and PRS before so I'm familiar with those and they are also a lot more common for me to potentially find ones that i can play. I have never encountered a MM though and i suspect any purchase will be unplayed and via pics online.

I have a friend with a Suhr Modern that in all honesty doesn't impress me much and has several issues that are unacceptable to me on a $4/5k guitar and that aspect kind of got me pondering the massive price tags on these top end guitars and if its really reflective in the quality of the instrument. I know ultimately you really have to play a guitar to truly know but being in a very rural area and the rarer nature of the top shelf guitars i can only do so much.

I'm just so used to "workhorse" style guitars around the $1500/2500 range that ultimately play just fine but usually after a little more setup. In my mind a guitar of this pedigree will play like butter right from the box, nut height to the lowest possible, dead level frets and fingerboard, action low and clean. Pickups will always be a personal thing so is less important to me than the build/play quality and product support, which from what im seeing is nothing to be concerned with.

Back
Top Bottom