Any EBMM owners?

Hi guys,

I thought it was time to revive the thread! I hope you are all well and enjoying the holidays so far!

So this little gem came up for sale a couple of days ago and I just couldn’t say no! I’m not usually a fan of a Floyd Rose but OMG this thing plays fantastic and sounds even better than it looks lol. Why did I wait so long to get one! Neck and frets are similar to my L3’s very comfortable to play. I had to sell my JP6 to buy this one but I'm glad I did. There's a couple of marks on the body near the Floyd and on the edge but nothing major. Not bad for a guitar that is nearly 30 years old.

Production date is July 18th 1994. Just gotta get a new tone knob as this one has broken unfortunately. And it could also do with a new toggle switch as the one currently installed is on its way out. Ordered an EVH D Tuna from Ebay just now as well.

Enjoy!

Paul

F0E56811-49F8-456B-9DB5-7E4BD109F475.jpgIMG_0626.jpegIMG_0627.jpegIMG_0628.jpegIMG_0629.jpegIMG_0630.jpegIMG_0631.jpeg

Hi guys,

I thought it was time to revive the thread! I hope you are all well and enjoying the holidays so far!

So this little gem came up for sale a couple of days ago and I just couldn’t say no! I’m not usually a fan of a Floyd Rose but OMG this thing plays fantastic and sounds even better than it looks lol. Why did I wait so long to get one! Neck and frets are similar to my L3’s very comfortable to play. I had to sell my JP6 to buy this one but I'm glad I did. There's a couple of marks on the body near the Floyd and on the edge but nothing major. Not bad for a guitar that is nearly 30 years old.

Production date is July 18th 1994. Just gotta get a new tone knob as this one has broken unfortunately. And it could also do with a new toggle switch as the one currently installed is on its way out. Ordered an EVH D Tuna from Ebay just now as well.

Enjoy!

Paul

View attachment 113398View attachment 113399View attachment 113400View attachment 113401View attachment 113402View attachment 113403View attachment 113404
Beautiful guitar, I’m waiting so long to get my hands on one of these!
Congrats.

Late to the party, but I’ve had several Albert Lee guitars, one P90 and the rest HHs. They were all great guitars, though not as quite versatile as the PRS 513s I was gigging, so I moved on from them. But if I showed up to play somewhere, and an Albert Lee HH was on the guitar stand, I’d be a happy camper.

I also have a 2005 Stingray-5 HH bass, and it’s the best 5 string bass I have ever experienced. I’m not a bassist normally, but have it for visiting bassists to play, and it gets rave reviews from anyone who picks it up. I’d love to get a single pickup 4 string, the original Stingray, as the neck is more friendly for the way I play and they also sound incredible.

Last edited:
Another issue with my 2017 majesty. The push-push Tone control wouldn't
catch, or sometimes release. Random. I contacted EBMM for a new Pot.

After some b&f diagnosis, they sent me an entire Ver.2 updated electronics
package at no charge! Everything, circuit board, pots, knobs, wiring, the works.

Very surprised and much appreciated. Excellent customer service!
Kudos!

Will be an EBMM owner for the very first time hopefully next week. Just bought a 2007 JP6 Mystic Dream. Patience is not my best virtue.

No piezo in it, but I think I’ll survive. It’s a really nice toy but I don’t think I’ll end up using it that much.

Late to the party, but I’ve had several Albert Lee guitars, one P90 and the rest HHs. They were all great guitars, though not as quite versatile as the PRS 513s I was gigging, so I moved on from them.
Always wanted their 'Strat' style Albert Lee. Always loved that body shape, going back to the '80s when I first saw one in GP magazine. Would want an older one, without the battery-powered stuff in it, and equipped with Fralin Split Rails....

Always wanted their 'Strat' style Albert Lee. Always loved that body shape, going back to the '80s when I first saw one in GP magazine. Would want an older one, without the battery-powered stuff in it, and equipped with Fralin Split Rails....
They're cool guitars, light with great feeling necks (mine had the rosewood neck). The HH and SSS don't have the active circuit, but the MM90 does for their "silent" P90s. It works well, but you have to deal with the batteries. The HH has special Dimarzios in it, and they sound awesome with that scale... kinda spanky and forward. Very compact feeling, too. I'm no EBMM expert, but it's my favorite among their guitars.

They're cool guitars, light with great feeling necks (mine had the rosewood neck). The HH and SSS don't have the active circuit, but the MM90 does for their "silent" P90s. It works well, but you have to deal with the batteries. The HH has special Dimarzios in it, and they sound awesome with that scale... kinda spanky and forward. Very compact feeling, too. I'm no EBMM expert, but it's my favorite among their guitars.
What's the switching on the HH? (Lazy me)

Wish I'd've bought the triple P90 one Sweetwater was hawking a while back, one of 50 autographed by Albert Lee himself....

Shouldawouldacoulda, I guess.... :/

I had EB Music Man John JP6 (hope i remember correct the model).
I sold that several years ago and that is one thing I regret (but stupid head gives a pain ;D ).
That was one of the best guitar I owned.

I have a beat up JP6 from 2008 and found one from 2011 in mint condition for sale, it just doesn't have the shield inlays on the fretboard. Does anyone know if you can swap out the necks between the two years? I'm assuming you can, but wasn't sure if there were any issues to take into consideration. I have sent a note to EBMM support, but haven't heard back yet and am getting a little anxious that I might miss out on this opportunity.

btw - I just received a response from MM Support about swapping necks on 2008 and 2011 JP6's

Scotty

Thanks for playing Music Man! There really should be no reason why you couldn't swap those necks. Necks are sanded by hand and wood can shrink or swell with changes in weather but barring that, there really weren't design changes to the neck that would prohibit the swap.

Best Regards,
Music Man Customer Service Team
musicman_customerservice@ernieball.com
www.music-man.com
(866) 823-2255 (805) 544-7726
9AM-4PM Mon-Ths & 9AM-3:30PM Fri
4117 Earthwood Lane San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Axis super sport and a Petrucci both lefties. Had a silhouette special years ago. Shouldn’t have sold it. No longer made in a lefty.

Back
Top Bottom