Any E.T.A on Misha/Nolly Presets???!!!!!

npdcoremetal

Inspired
Just a simple, innocent question as to when these awesome presets will be available to the public. Also any news on BTBAM presets? I read somewhere they either had them or they were getting them. I am just curious to see what these guys are doing that is so much different than everyone else.

Thanks to anyone here with information!!!!

Perhaps they made the presets with a different fw or Axe Edit version than is available to the rest of us ?

doubt they are doing anything much different from anyone else, pretty generic tones from both bands, im curious to see what all the fuss is about as well...

I think a big part of their tone is in the playing. Trying to sound like them has really cleaned up my chops. If you add tight and clear sounding pickups its hard to get the axefx to sound "bad". I think many people will realize this when the presets are released.

yup I totally agree with @phatman. especially misha's tones are quite unique imo. they work well for his type of playing, a lot of people think they'll get the "periphery" sound within a patch but that's pretty much impossible..misha would sound like misha even through a roland cube, anyway I'm curious to see if there's something odd in the chain or if it's more straight ahead (like a simple amp-cab setup)

What will be interesting to me is seeing how the patch sounds vs. the way their guitars sound in a mix with all the post-processing plus the interaction between the bass and drums.

Frequently, when a hear a patch that sounds stunning in the final mix it sounds horrible by itself. A lot of times, there's extra compression, limiting, eq'ing done once its in the mix which makes it sound very different from the original tone.

Yeah, I am not interested in trying to sound like Periphery, so much as I am interested in seeing how the artists construct their patches. For example, with my guitar, The Faceless rhythm guitar patch sounded like farts, literally. But I got to see how he set up his patch and after dialing in a different cab and tweaking things within the amp, I found a new way to construct sounds that I found compelling. Most of what the artist does with the preset is in how they play. That's why there's so many 50-something-year-olds with insanely expensive rigs that match Santana's set-up, and they still sound like drunk assholes. :D

At Namm they did a little jam with stock presets in the Axe. I am pretty sure they didn't tweak anything. I didn't notice what patches they were using but it sounded very tight and focused.

I think a big part of their tone is in the playing. Trying to sound like them has really cleaned up my chops. If you add tight and clear sounding pickups its hard to get the axefx to sound "bad". I think many people will realize this when the presets are released.

Totally agree. I'm usually parked on Squeaky Clean with a few tweaks here and there for the guitar I'm playing. The AXE rewards me for my clean playing, and has no problem telling me when I'm sloppy. This forces me to clean up my act.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom