Any difference between the stock Axe2 Redwirez and the ones sold separately?

ptgold

Inspired
Im about to buy some IRs on the Redwirez site but dont want to get something redundant.

Definitely getting some Mesa 2x12 C90s and EV12s libraries. Any other good IR recommendations that arent included on the AXE2 already that I could purchase?

Been covered many times over, the included RW are far more generic in nature, whereas the ones you buy are very specific, like cap-edge 3" sm57.

Non one can tell you what you will like, however the OH farfields are a great addition to any IR collection.

That's not exactly how I'd phrase it, Luke.

The factory cabs are simply custom blends of the commercial RedWirez cabs.

The advantage of the commercial set is its variety, versatility, and granularity.

Last edited:
To me it's just about having more of everything and being able to mix my own custom IR's a lot easier. I have to admit that there was one killer IR I mixed and discovered about a week later that one of the factory cabs was really similar to it. I suppose that's bound to happen at some point.

Any stock RW IR is just one IR. When you buy a (one) RW Cab, you get over a 1000 Different IRs. Different mics, each mic in different positions, each position at different angles, each angle at a number of distances... In 8 different resolutions and truncated and .syx formats, making a total of way over 10.000 files...

And then you have a plethora of cabs to choose from...

But you get a sense of what position, angle and distance do for the sound pretty fast, so you will probably not need to go through all of the files in a cab to check which is best.

Did I mention you can combine and mix all of those files together in any number and combination you'd want?

Does anyone know if the factory cabs (specially the 3 "groups" FAS, RW, OH) are already mic'ed?

I have searched this information, but didn't found it.

Sorry, if this is a Noobish question, but I AM a noob :)

Regards Frank

Does anyone know if the factory cabs (specially the 3 "groups" FAS, RW, OH) are already mic'ed?

I have searched this information, but didn't found it.

Sorry, if this is a Noobish question, but I AM a noob :)

Regards Frank
That's a ridiculously good question because I can't see how you would make an IR without a mic, but that would kind of work counter-intuitive to the mic selector in the cab block. Perhaps its done with a reference mic for no coloration or something?

I think I read somewhere on this forum, that only the OwnHammer IR's have microphone colouring.
Don't remember where, though.

Back
Top Bottom