Any decent Chorus sounds?

Going back to the mix thing, this is exactly my point, the chorus is being mixed with the tone rather than flowing through it. I cant seem to find anything that sounds remotely like an old analogue chorus.
that's exactly how it works. you may be overthinking the words.

if you don't want it "mixed" then set the Mix to 100%, meaning just chorus, no dry. then it's "flowing through it."

but it's the dry signal with the wet signal that creates the classic chorus sound. "Chorus" means slightly out-of-tune along with in tune. if there's no in tune sound (the dry), then it's harder to hear the effect.

i think you just need to change the Mix control to various settings and see what you prefer.

The Cure example was just to give an impression of the sort of lushness i am after. I am fully aware that Mr Smith was a huge fan of the Roland Jazz Chorus amplifier. I heed your point.

Going back to the mix thing, this is exactly my point, the chorus is being mixed with the tone rather than flowing through it. I cant seem to find anything that sounds remotely like an old analogue chorus.

Ill try mix at 20 % and keep depth and rate at lower level and see what that brings.

If you want more chorus and very little dry signal mixing in i would say you should be turning up the mix
I feel lowering it is going to give you the opposite of what you want

I use TriChorus set for a slow chorus, QuadPitch set for +/-6.2 and +/-9.4 cents detune (both set 100% wet), and a filter set flat and -3dB level, all in parallel. The result is a super-thick chorus that doesnt have much wobble to it.
Screen%20Shot%202019-05-30%20at%205.45.51%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-30%20at%205.45.57%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-30%20at%205.46.03%20PM.png

Last edited:
I use TriChorus set for a slow chorus, QuadPitch set for +/-4 and +/-8 cents detune (both set 100% wet), and a shunt, all in parallel. The result is a super-thick chorus that doesnt have much wobble to it.
just a heads up that 100% Mix Chorus in parallel is basically the same thing as a 50% Mix Chorus in series (same row).

i think he wants it in series, with a very high mix, maybe 100%.

just a heads up that 100% Mix Chorus in parallel is basically the same thing as a 50% Mix Chorus in series (same row).

i think he wants it in series, with a very high mix, maybe 100%.

Edited original faulty memory of patch settings with actuals. Easy to vary amount of dry by adjusting filter gain or just removing that block entirely if desired. The key bit is the detune||chorus which sounds as thick as a milkshake loaded with Wonder flour....

Last edited:
The Chorus block with all its types, at default settings, provide an array of "decent" chorus sounds. Not to say that they can't be fine-tuned if desired. But the statements in the OP lead me to believe that there's user error or confusion involved in here. Most of the information is in the manual (and wiki).

Back
Top Bottom