Any Death Metal tone matches?

JohnRaptor

Inspired
Any death metal fans here? If so can anyone do any tone matches for any of the following bands? Some not death metal but I'm including them.

- Amon Amarth
- Cannibal Corpse
- Nile
- Dethklok
-Suidakra
- Tyr
-Wintersun
-Ensiferum
- Dimmu Borgir
- Sepultura

I'm about ready to order an AxeII and once I do I will make alot of metal TM's but until then I'd love if some people of you could make some.

Hey, nice to hear some of my own exist here, as well LoL.

I had a patch for Suffocation - abomination reborn. I'll try to make it again and post it.
For Sepultura I'm already thinking Orgasmatron and Refuse/Resist would be sweet. Maybe even their version of Procreation of the Wicked.

I'm still a little behind the learning/tweaking curve for TMA but I'll give it a try.

I'm 99% sure the intro to Far Beyond the Dark Sun is the only isolated clear guitar part on the album and even that is layered with effects so thats not going to be tonematch properly. I can do some Children of Bodom and Norther tone matches since they are similar to Wintersun.

When I get my axe setup again I can do tone matches of Carcass and Dimmu Borgir(2 of my fav bands!). There are a few points on Heartwork that can be tone matched and Dimmu Borgir have a few isolated spots too.

I've never noticed any isolated spots on both Dethklok's albums but I'l take a listen today.

The more the better guys! Carcass , Norther, Bodom etc, any would be fantastic! I will be ordering my AxeFXII the end of the week so in the meantime I'd love to hear your guys TM's and I will try and make some also once I learn how but I'll leave it to you more experienced people for now. I look forward to hearing what you come up with. Oh some Ihsahn would be great as well. :)

No prob, my axe isn't set up at the moment though since I'm renovating but I'll get them done soon.

I've never actually listened to Isahn's solo records despite being a big Emperor fan.

No prob, my axe isn't set up at the moment though since I'm renovating but I'll get them done soon.

I've never actually listened to Isahn's solo records despite being a big Emperor fan.

Cool! Man they are great, you should definately check them out! Its pretty diverse but still Ihsahn all the way. Lots of melody, still got the trademark vox, even added some solo sax to the mix which gives it an egyptian kind of feel. His orchestrations are more in depth compared to his Emporer days. Very good stuff if you ask me. He also did a guest vocal on the new Jeff Loomis album which is out now. I believe the song is called Surrender. Oh and he has a new album coming out very soon!

Cool! Man they are great, you should definately check them out! Its pretty diverse but still Ihsahn all the way. Lots of melody, still got the trademark vox, even added some solo sax to the mix which gives it an egyptian kind of feel. His orchestrations are more in depth compared to his Emporer days. Very good stuff if you ask me. He also did a guest vocal on the new Jeff Loomis album which is out now. I believe the song is called Surrender. Oh and he has a new album coming out very soon!

Awesome!!!! I'll check out some songs now. I still have to pick up Loomis's album aswell........so far behind on my fav bands lately.

Muhammed from Necrophagist is a member here. Maybe he'll spot this thread and share something :).

I can do some Necrophagist tone matches. There one of my fav bands so I systemtaically went through all there songs listening for isolated parts. The first album has loads but parts on Epitaph were tricky to find.

The intro in Incarnated by Obscura is isolated guitar and would tone match very well. Christian was the second guitarist on Epitaph so the tone is similar.

Awesome!!!! I'll check out some songs now. I still have to pick up Loomis's album aswell........so far behind on my fav bands lately.

I can do some Necrophagist tone matches. There one of my fav bands so I systemtaically went through all there songs listening for isolated parts. The first album has loads but parts on Epitaph were tricky to find.

The intro in Incarnated by Obscura is isolated guitar and would tone match very well. Christian was the second guitarist on Epitaph so the tone is similar.

Oh my god! How can I forget Obscura! For the love of god if you can make a TM of anything Obscura please do. Necrophagist would be awesome as well! Also one of my favorite bands. Man I am going nuts until I get my AxeFX II. I will be ordering this weekend as I will finally have all my money. Its been a long wait and I cant wait to finally get it, seems like a great time with the new firmware and TM capabilities.

bumping an old thread... I just matched Obscuras Cosmogenesis. I have the tab book which came with the raw guitar tracks so I figured I might as well share.

I'm playing a Necrophagist riff here but you get the idea...
Go easy on my playing I just slopped this thing together quickly hahaha

Download patch

I think im getting kind of close with this one. What do you guys think?

I'm in standard tuning here so it sounds a little different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom