Any Clutch fans out there?

Love Clutch, they groove like nobody's business. I've been playing Regulator in several of my bands for years. One of the few bands whose albums generally improve with each release, even though they continue to write straight up rock & roll for the most part. I've never really considered them to have any one signature tone, other than Tim's go-to warbly thing he does on most of his solos.

Love Clutch, they groove like nobody's business. I've been playing Regulator in several of my bands for years. One of the few bands whose albums generally improve with each release, even though they continue to write straight up rock & roll for the most part. I've never really considered them to have any one signature tone, other than Tim's go-to warbly thing he does on most of his solos.
Tim has the fastest wah-foot around.

Yep, I don't like automatics. :p

Can't say I ever heard them but checking out The Regulator and Electric Worry, they have a really cool sound and vibe. Musically similar to other bands I've heard but tonally thick with cool timing and great vocal. Thanks for another artist to enjoy!

One key, yet again, is the P90 pickups. Gotta get my rear in gear and get my P90 guitar done!

Last edited:
Every time I've seen them play live or livestream, Tim's cranking his Orange amp with his SG and wah. I think I've seen them live at least 5 times. One of the best shows I've seen. Especially at the Machine Shop, in Flint, Michigan!!!

If I can get my hands on an FM9, I'll run it through my Orange Crush 120 Pro combo. I hope it works.

Last edited:
I like Clutch - when Cygnus came out for FM3 I created a Clutch patch based on the songs X-Ray Visions and Firebird - I think I used an Orange amp.

Alls I know is they totally Released a song with Boss Metal Zone in the title and chorus. If that aint the coolest shit ever... I dont wanna know.

Back
Top Bottom