Any Chicago Residents Catch Metallica Last Night?

………didn’t realize they were here….i‘m still mourning the cancellation of the Mr. Bungle show I was supposed to see Friday that Mike Patton cancelled due to his mental health(also cancelled the Riot Fest appearance of Faith No More…

…..but the Dead and Company live set from Wrigley I watched online instead (great mix on a good surround sound) was Dumbleicious…due to John’s inspired Garciaesque Silver Sky noodling

lotsa music in the area just now…hard to keep up..but seeing Metallica in a venue with such shit acoustics and 0 comfort (legendary as it is and I’ve survived a good number of memorable nights there in younger days…..) not my current idea of senior hipster fun…..but iAm seeing Steely Dan in a couple weeks in South Beach at one of my favevenues , the Fillmore , where Jackie Gleason (the GREATEST) and the the June Taylor Dancers showed their gams many decades ago to a raptured CBS audience every week……..)
That surprises me, because I must've seen like 50 posts about it. They did a first-come-first-served show at The Metro for $20 a head. I didn't go because they don't interest me much these days. And I still hold a grudge from St Anger.

lotsa music in the area just now…hard to keep up..but seeing Metallica in a venue with such shit acoustics and 0 comfort (legendary as it is and I’ve survived a good number of memorable nights there in younger days…..) not my current idea of senior hipster fun…..but iAm seeing Steely Dan in a couple weeks in South Beach at one of my favevenues , the Fillmore , where Jackie Gleason (the GREATEST) and the the June Taylor Dancers showed their gams many decades ago to a raptured CBS audience every week……..)
Jerry Cantrell is doing his first ever solo tour next year. My SO snagged tickets for us to see him when he comes through NYC.

………just saw…..
PRIMUS. Tonight at the Chicago………..
last time I saw them was with Pixies and other truly great acts back before Lollapalooza devolved (without Devo..they went to Riot fest)F99B2D19-975D-4749-9059-5DEBB6EFEE05.jpeg

I saw this posted, no mics on the cabs and I think I see a AXEFX screen in the background

Attachments

• 11E914EB-CB75-4FFE-A315-7457C6FABB8A.jpeg
    11E914EB-CB75-4FFE-A315-7457C6FABB8A.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 21
Jerry Cantrell is doing his first ever solo tour next year. My SO snagged tickets for us to see him when he comes through NYC.

I love Jerry but he never gets above 80bpm with any songs on his solo stuff. He puts the -irge in dirgee. :)

I'd still go see him..... because. :)

………didn’t realize they were here….i‘m still mourning the cancellation of the Mr. Bungle show I was supposed to see Friday that Mike Patton cancelled due to his mental health(also cancelled the Riot Fest appearance of Faith No More…

I had last minute plans to go to Knotfest just for FNM, was going to fly our this Friday night. 30 minutes before my buddy came over to pick out our flights I heard FNM pulled out. Saved me a bunch of money at least, but I’ve still yet to see Patton/FNM live. Glad he didn’t throw himself out there when he wasn’t ready to do so, though. He’s always been fairly quiet about his private life, so I’d imagine it wasn’t an easy decision for him to come out and admit that. More power to him!

Yup. Jerry toured Boggy Depot in Summer of '98. Can't recall the opener. :)

I don't recall him going out on the road for Degradation Trip, though. I never saw it.

I don’t know why this is popping in my head, but my buddy caught a solo show and Tantric opened.

Saw Cantrell back on the Metallica Load tour @ Giants Stadium NJ, Days of the New were the opener and DeGarmo from Queensryche played with Cantrell

Back
Top Bottom