Any chance we'll see "large fonts display mode" for the original FC-6/FC-12?

CenturyBreak

Inspired
Greetings all!

Been away with real life for several months and, boy, a lot has changed in the Fractal world!

As suggested by the thread title, I have a first gen FC-12 with the smaller mini-displays. I know that the FM3 and FM9 use the original displays, but have had 'large fonts display mode' added in the recent firmware updates.

Needless to say, it would be great to have this added to the OG FC controllers... although I'm sure it's far down Fractal's list of priorities... ;)

Perhaps if we initiated an old-school letter ( :p )-writing campaign asking for it?

Anyone else in?

Oh, and before someone suggests just buying a Mk II FC-12, I'm in Canada, so between exchange, shipping and taxes, it's cost prohibitive: ~ $1,400 to my door... :eek: o_O

There's that, but selling your current FC12 will recoup some of the difference.

True... but I figure I'll still be out ~ $700 to upgrade. I've been using the same pair of eyes for over 60 years now, so I guess I should consider it a small price to pay! :p

Mind you, I'm not going to be gigging any time soon (or not so soon...) so being able to read the FC-12 at my feet ~ 1.6 metres below my eyes while wearing glasses isn't that much of an issue...

That pertains to the main high resolution color display on the FM3 and FM9, not the monochrome LCD matrix displays, so it does not apply to the FC units. The displays on the FC units use a fixed character size so it's a hardware limitation.

Silly me... I assumed it applied to the unpleasantly tiny mini-displays! o_O

Told you I'd been away from the forum for too long! ;) :D

Silly me... I assumed it applied to the unpleasantly tiny mini-displays! o_O

Told you I'd been away from the forum for too long! ;) :D

The MkII FC12 switch displays are larger and easier to see than they were on the original unit, however, at 70 years old even the new ones are hard to see for me. My first FC12 was the MKII version, but a friend has an original so I was able to compare the two units. I would recommend that you find someone with a MKII unit and compare the two to see if there is enough difference between the two with your eyes to see if there is enough difference to justify the expense. Have a great day and happy music making!

(70 y/o represent!)

I’ve seen a lot change in the guitar/amp world since I started playing guitar at age 11…59 years ago. Same for live sound and recording gear and processes over the 57 years I have been a gigging and studio musician and recording engineer. The gear we have today is truly amazing and offers anyone willing to master their instrument and the recording craft a shot at making great music and getting it heard…and possibly making some money. However, even if I had the chance, I would never want to have missed-out on being a young musician, and eventually a studio engineer trainee, in the 1960s and 1970s. It was a great time…at least I think it was as far as I can remember! lol

The MkII FC12 switch displays are larger and easier to see than they were on the original unit, however, at 70 years old even the new ones are hard to see for me. My first FC12 was the MKII version, but a friend has an original so I was able to compare the two units. I would recommend that you find someone with a MKII unit and compare the two to see if there is enough difference between the two with your eyes to see if there is enough difference to justify the expense. Have a great day and happy music making!
Thanks for the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom