Any chance of an artist preset pack from Fractal artists being released?

Matt had said Devins "preset" will be released this month. Devin has referred to it as a pack with multiple sounds (GP100 etc) and his IRs on his twitch streams. Hopefully we'll see soon.

During this time, with a lot of artists not being able to perform/tour, this may be an opportunity for FAS to approach them about "Artist Preset Packs"...Help me spend to cash!

Fractal could make 'Artist Preset Packs' with the input of the artist and sell them on the website.

Tc electronics do artist tone prints with their pedals.

consider that many bands you see live who use an Axe direct to the board still has the FOH Engineer adjust things for the band mix. so maybe the preset is really bright, but the mixer tames it down for the mix. same thing for the studio. they could start with one thing on the Axe, but the mixdown completely changes the EQ or other aspects.

it's a great thought to have the exact presets and settings from our guitar heroes, but just like any other preset you might download, it may not translate to your setup if you don't have the same rig or band elements.

i always think preset sharing is great for effects and layout ideas, but not for tone itself. i've really never used anyone else's presets - free or purchased - that instantly worked with my setup. i've also used the exact same physical amps when i managed a music store, and i didn't sound the same. mics, recording, mixdown, etc all affects what i think the tone is vs what it actually is.

of course there are variables to this and sometimes it might sound close. but it's not always a 1 to 1 translation even with the exact preset in my experience. definitely release some and buy or download them too, but maybe don't expect the exact same tone due to so many variables.

W
consider that many bands you see live who use an Axe direct to the board still has the FOH Engineer adjust things for the band mix. so maybe the preset is really bright, but the mixer tames it down for the mix. same thing for the studio. they could start with one thing on the Axe, but the mixdown completely changes the EQ or other aspects.

it's a great thought to have the exact presets and settings from our guitar heroes, but just like any other preset you might download, it may not translate to your setup if you don't have the same rig or band elements.

i always think preset sharing is great for effects and layout ideas, but not for tone itself. i've really never used anyone else's presets - free or purchased - that instantly worked with my setup. i've also used the exact same physical amps when i managed a music store, and i didn't sound the same. mics, recording, mixdown, etc all affects what i think the tone is vs what it actually is.

of course there are variables to this and sometimes it might sound close. but it's not always a 1 to 1 translation even with the exact preset in my experience. definitely release some and buy or download them too, but maybe don't expect the exact same tone due to so many variables.

Would that not be a case of doing a basic EQ in the amp eg. Bass, mids and treble?

Would that not be a case of doing a basic EQ in the amp eg. Bass, mids and treble?
maybe, maybe not. many FOH and Studio guys compress, EQ, band limit, etc. etc. to shape the tone for the mix. i'm just saying that the starting point on the Axe might be very far from the result we are hearing live or on record. having that starting point might not be the immediate "yeah that's it!" feeling if so.

I think as long as most know what they're getting into when they purchase these types of preset packages it's a pretty cool thing. There's definitely a market for it, and right now, musicians are going to need to be creative with how to generate additional revenue while touring appears to be out for at least a year.

There are some good Metallica, Journey and def leopard presets already out there. Mark day put a good Journey preset on Axe change

Back
Top Bottom