Any chance of an AmpFX in the near future?

HOWEVER, if I change the triaxis to the Marsha HBE and sat Friedman down in front of that cab and said that's your Marsha HBE, he'd say "That's not my hairy brown eye!" :p
To play devil's advocate, I think you are grossly overestimating this effect on overall tonal character. This resonance/feedback mechanism varies, literally from cab to cab. I doubt that even the designer of the amp 'knows' and can distinguish how his amp reacts and sounds with every random cab loaded with any random set of speaker combinations.

To play devil's advocate, I think you are grossly overestimating this effect on overall tonal character. This resonance/feedback mechanism varies, literally from cab to cab. I doubt that even the designer of the amp 'knows' and can distinguish how his amp reacts and sounds with every random cab loaded with any random set of speaker combinations.

Hey man I haven't talked to you in a long while when we were looking at FRFR solutions, but you skipped to the end of the thread without reading above haha! :)

If you're talking about using a SS power section with power amp modeling turned on and we are talking about resolving this attribute, I totally agree with you there. However, as you can see above, I have never found a SS power section that holds up against a tube amp on the other side of the stage, so if this happens, I'm hoping Fractal comes to the table with a SS amp that can match.

Keep in mind that in all of my now lengthy discussion above, I'm talking about using my 2:90 into the cab with power amp modeling turned off, and I think you will agree with me here Zen, totally different story.

I think an integrated solution where DSP control over the speaker system integrated with automatic settings inside the preset could have great potential.

In other words, keep the amplifier, DSP, power amp and speaker(s) integrated and the same but automatically adjust the power amp and speaker tab parameters to match.

I think an integrated solution where DSP control over the speaker system integrated with automatic settings inside the preset could have great potential.

In other words, keep the amplifier, DSP, power amp and speaker(s) integrated and the same but automatically adjust the power amp and speaker tab parameters to match.

Exactly, and that is at the core of the AmpFX I'm suggesting. If the Axe III is going to 'read' from the speaker to match it, it would be plugged into the cab, so it stands to reason that it will be powering that cab as well. I'm sure they will want to utilize the Power Amp Modeling, so they would be doing this with SS as to not color, and I would be very interested in what they come up with there. This is all just supposition based on Cliff's notes quoted above of course.

Back
Top Bottom