Any chance FM3 will get the new reverb pitch shifting?

Intoodeep1113

Inspired
Wow, just heard some axe iii 17.01 beta clips of the new reverbs! I know reverb can be a heavy consumer of cpu on this unit, and I'm sure adding pitch manipulation functions will add more load. Any word if it will be ported? Updated megatap sounds very cool along with the new delays. Seriously @FractalAudio I don't know how you guys can keep pushing these improvements out at the consistent rate you do!

i dont think so with cpu limits...but the policy of line6 l think is better here....all units have the same updates but the limit is how many fx you can use, and they let you decide which. why if i want a better quallity whammy i must buy another pedal while axe fx 3 has this ability...i don't want to be critical -everything is fine in fractal world.it is just a small complain :)

I certainly hope we will. It's a really nice feature that I use all the time on my Strymon Nightsky to add some subtle texture to reverbs.

Yeah, the only pedal I was slow to sell was my hall of Fame 2 reverb, great shimmer! When I use Plex shimmer, I feel like I need to run it into a cloud type afterward to get rid of the crystal echo sounds. Once you have those 2 intense blocks, it can be pretty limiting elsewhere. I really liked what I heard in the new reverbs!

Also. I asked support and they couldn't say.

can't this be done already with a pitch block post reverb if you split the reverb path 2 ways and pitch one of them with the ability to blend?

I don't know about this new feature though so maybe I'm missing something cause I didn't read up lol

Yes, you can currently do it using a pitch block and reverb, but the update on the fx3 let's you do it using only the reverb block

can't this be done already with a pitch block post reverb if you split the reverb path 2 ways and pitch one of them with the ability to blend?

I don't know about this new feature though so maybe I'm missing something cause I didn't read up lol

Yep. Which is why I think this will make it to the FM3 at some point as if it can handle 2 block independently to achieve this effect, it should be able to handle it in 1 block (with a similar CPU hit).

Back
Top Bottom