Any Billy Squier Fans?

I love Don’t Say No. It’s one of my favorite albums.

Thanks for posting this video. I’ve never seen it before. Billy Squier’s guitar tone is amazin!

I remember going to allot of party's back in the day (high school), and hearing Billy and liking it but never bought an album.
That is until!
Billy was head lining in either 82 or 83 and Def Leppard was the opening band, Pyromania just came out and I was there for Def Leppard. The boys didn't disappoint, they kicked ass!!
Then Billy came out and did his thing, he and the band were fantastic!

Been to allot of shows and this one is always one of my best memories, both bands were really strong. And the sound was really good.

Ahhh yes, loves me some Billy Squier! Brings back memories of riding around town with my cousin in his 72 Chevy P/U, the Jensen Tri-Axes propped up on the back of the seat and CRANKED!! Ahhhh the 80’s! lol

I love that Don't Say No album!

This is the video that ruined his career in 1984:eek::D

Lol. After all these years , first time I’ve seen that video. Couldn’t have been too hard on the budget to make. Looks like one ripped shirt ( that was already ripped - to facilitate ripping it in half ) was all that was lost.
For me , the video ruined his career in 2018. Lol. - otherwise I liked his music.

The unfortunate thing is that the video was really no different than any other hair band videos from the late 80's, early 90's, but I guess it was just too much for true fans to handle. It is horrible though.

The director went on to direct Highschool Musical, so that pretty much sums it up!

If they had just picked some random hot 80s girl to do everything Squire was doing in that video, same set, clothes, everything, people would have thought it was awesome.

very underrated, much more to him than the Stroke. One of my fav rock and roll voices. def guilty pleasure.

If they had just picked some random hot 80s girl to do everything Squire was doing in that video, same set, clothes, everything, people would have thought it was awesome.

Of course.......that's because he was dressed & moving & sliding down a pole in ways associated with females:p

Whatever....love some of his tunes & his voice!

I only ever new of him from The Stroke ... now i'm in a band that is playing The Stroke. Any of you guys here got a Squire patch that you'd care to share.

Squire has been in frequent rotation on my play lists (and the play lists precursor, the mix tape} over the years dating back to the early eighties, when a friend turned me on to Piper. Great rock voice, great guitar tone (really great guitar tone), and a great player.

Having stumbled upon this thread I'm reminded to put his music back in circulation again. Nice! :)

Does anyone have any of his later albums from the 90s? I sort of felt he lost his muse after Emotions in Emotions. There’d be a tune here or there on other albums but I never found them to be as consistently good as Don’t Say No or Emotions in Motions. I thought I read once some of his last albums were better but I’ve never heard them.

Back
Top Bottom