Any Behringer X32 Macbook users, need your help

svl

Power User
Pertinent info- X32 rack FW 2.16, Macbook Pro Retina (2015), Logic Pro X (latest FW), multiple USB cords

Have been using the X32 rack since December, and multitrack recorded every gig since. Had an ether port blow on the X32, ended up picking up a spare because I have to have it for gigs. No matter what I do, I can't get the Mac to see the X32. Set it up just as I did the original X32, and have rewatched all the set-up videos available and searched the net to no avail.

If anyone can help, I would surely appreciate it. In two weeks I had the ether port blow on the X32 and then issues with my Axe rig (one of my FAS units is also in for repairs), though both happened at different times and are unrelated (but still freakin' annoying and detrimental to putting food on my family's table).

We need to find out where the problem is- it could be on the X32 side or the Mac side. Can you get the X32 to connect to anything else? Are you able to connect a router to it and then connect to it with a tablet or smart phone? Maybe a different computer? Have you saved the settings to USB in your original X32 then loaded them into your spare?

X32 connects to everything via ether/router.

Tried to connect to multiple Macbook Pros as well (two 2015 retinas, one 2011). No dice, nothing "sees" the X32. Yes, uploaded original settings from first X32 into spare.

So for my understanding...

This works: [X32 Eth]-->--[Ch 1 Router Wifi]... ...[Wifi Mac running X32 Edit]
But this does not: [X32 Eth]-->--[Eth Mac running X32 Edit]

Is this correct? Are you setting the Macs up to use a Static IP address when direct connected?

Doubt this is your issue, but one weirdness with my MacBook (2012) / x32 Rack setup is I have to have my Mac booted up before I turn on my x32 rack or MacBook won't see it. Almost like it doesn't load a driver unless the Mac is booted first. I am a PC guy, so have no idea why, just know it works the way I do it. I have not loaded firmware 2.16 yet, on previous version (2.14 maybe). Have also not updated my Mac in several months as the Behringer forum suggested to wait for some reason. Again, it works as is so I don't change things around much.

Thanks for all your replies- was able to get my hands on another XUSB card to try, turns out my band new X32 has a bad XUSB card.

Oh, well, back she goes. Between this and the bad ethernet port in my other X32 (not even 6 months old) I'm starting to think maybe I'd be better off with Presonus...

Back
Top Bottom