Any bedroom only players using an Axe-Fx 3?

I'm a master bedroom and basement player. My wife and I, along with a few dogs and cats, sleep in the smaller bedroom.

I still have my Axe-Fx II XL+ but sold my Axe-Fx II MKI to buy an Axe-Fx III. I use a FAMC Liquid Foot+ LF+ PRO+ and LF+ 12+ to control my II and III and plan to buy at least 2 but maybe 4 FC-12's. I play my II more than my III because I've been too busy to transfer all my presets and setup my LF+'s. I'll start using my III more once I get a FC-12.

I also still use my Line 6 POD Studio UX2 with POD Farm to record quick ideas. I'm thinking about getting a Line 6 HX Stomp and the Helix Native plugin for an additional $99.

It's all about simplicity and convenience for me.

Just curious, why would you need 4 FC-12s? I’m in basement playing 2-4 hours a day, my fc-6 is plenty powerful enough to even take me on gigs. Have you seen what these can do? I just can’t wrap my head around even a huge star needing 4 12s.

I can say the 3 is perfect, I have never had a regret with this purchase. I play anything from jazz, Christian to metal and record with it. If you can afford then I recommend but there’s plenty of less expensive approaches that will get you close.

I suppose if you’re putting yourself out & can’t pay your bills or eat for two months cause of purchasing a III, that may not be justifiable, but still maybe it could be depending on what your priorities are & how ya wanna live. There’s a lot of people who are fortunate enough to be able to buy ten III’s if they desired & a new guitar every month and still have cash to burn, so in that regard it’s all kind of relative.
I learned a long, long time ago, ya don’t buy junk, and ya don’t compromise on stuff ya ultimately really want & love, cause you just end up spending more money in the long run. Anything other than what you really want will leave you wanting & second guessing & ultimately eventually buying anyway.

Just curious, why would you need 4 FC-12s? I’m in basement playing 2-4 hours a day, my fc-6 is plenty powerful enough to even take me on gigs. Have you seen what these can do? I just can’t wrap my head around even a huge star needing 4 12s.

I can say the 3 is perfect, I have never had a regret with this purchase. I play anything from jazz, Christian to metal and record with it. If you can afford then I recommend but there’s plenty of less expensive approaches that will get you close.

I currently use a FAMC LF+ PRO+, LF+ 12+ and a BE-2, so I'm used to having access to 38 foot switches. I like having access to multiple options when writing or improv. I'm going to buy 1 FC-12 and figure out what it can do and then buy more if I feel limited.

Hey guys, how do you former tube amp/band players hook your AxeFX III? Do you use a real cab? What do you do that keeps the "amp in the room feel/tone"?

Thanks!

So, I like to think of myself as a modern van Gogh...he didn't need an audience to create a masterpiece. All he needed was an Axe-FX :)

I haven't played in a band in years because other musicians are the worst, if you can afford a III it is absolutely worth every penny. I was skeptical until I got mine and I'm blown away by how good it is, and how much better all the new cab IRs are.
Yeah, we are some pretty flakey folks.

Another bedroom player and producer here.
I bought a used Axe-fx 2Xl+ after trying many other home-recording options, none of them being fully satisfying for me.
The axe is the most expensive peace of gear i own, but I do not regret spending my money on it, because since I have it, I stopped searching for other recording alternatives.
I found my sound Nirvana :)
Moreover, as soon as i come back home from work i can plug my guitar and play using my monitors enjoying every moment spent on the instrument, and recording the best ideas on the fly.
I am not considering the 3 for the moment, but maybe, in the future, I will trade my 2 for a 3...

I currently use a FAMC LF+ PRO+, LF+ 12+ and a BE-2, so I'm used to having access to 38 foot switches. I like having access to multiple options when writing or improv. I'm going to buy 1 FC-12 and figure out what it can do and then buy more if I feel limited.

If your MIDI pedals didn't have page functionality I could see having a use for that many switches if you wanted literally everything you had available to you at any time. But personally, I don't know many people who wouldn't rather have to press an extra button or two per song and have an 11 inch x 9 inch pedal footprint than some 2 foot x 4 foot nuclear power plant console looking monstrosity on the ground in front of them.

Pages are going to change your life dude. You'll love it.

Semi-retired. Utilizing the entire bottom/basement floor for pushing SPLs ...

I play 2-4 hrs/day

Axefx3 (and the 2) cured all gas.

I play through both FRFR and trad. Cabs; love both.

No rationalization needed. :)

How did you manage that? I have been trying to do this for years. She wont go for it. :(

I compromised and let my wife turn the living room into a room for our 3 cats and 4 dogs. We also have a 3rd bedroom and family room upstairs that she pretty much uses as a walk in closet. I got the master bedroom and basement and she got the rest of the house, 2 TV's and Candy Crush :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom