Any bass players rocking a III yet?

They're not. Best I can do is pass up on it so the next person in line can order theirs :)

Hopefully, since the 3 can legitimately be used as a solution for multiple instruments at once, we'll see more bass amps and maybe a few more bass effects added once Fractal gets through the initial launch. Especially given the premium price, they should invest a bit more in this scenario IMO and it gives a great excuse to finally tackle a few signature bass circuits.

As I've said before, I'm happy to send my GK1001RB to Fractal to model. At this point, if a GK model could make it into Ares 2.0 or 3.0 I wouldn't even ask for it back.

I guess we have to accept that bass isn't first priority with Fractal. I don't think that will change with the Axe fx III.

I guess we have to accept that bass isn't first priority with Fractal. I don't think that will change with the Axe fx III.

Can't disagree here, but folks are still getting great bass tones out of them for sure.. when I saw Failure live using 100% axefx for guitar and bass, it was the best live tone I'd ever heard. Heliotropic and Another Space Song were every bit as good as they were on the records

How about we wait until some bass players have the III and comment on whether it's improved or not?
Thanks
Pauly

No doubt it's already a bit better for bass, just with the additional routing and I assume that among the 2048 Factory Cabs they've included quite a few from ML Labs Bass Cab Packs and (hopefully) Dr. Bonkers (I know it has some special bass Cab mixes from Dr Bonkers), I think more will be done with bass this generation, but by the time it's really a step up worth taking when you already have a II (and/or an AX8), the wait list will likely be over.

Mostly finished recreating my universal bass preset today. The whole channels and scenes thing is awesome as hell. Makes it all so easy, and it sounds great. I've never liked cabs with bass presets, so I'm not missing those so much. I use a lowshelf filter right after the amp block set anywhere between 20hz to 80hz on the low end, depending on what I want tonally, and around 6500 on the high end.

I have more effects in the preset than I had in my preset on the Axe II, and it's only at around 52% on the CPU. Loving all this extra power.

I made (what I think is) an interesting bass preset. Here's the signal chain...

Input -- Drv -- Amp (then split into 2 lines) --
line 1: Filter (hipass), Cab 1, Chorus, Delay, Plex Delay (delayed octave and Oct+5th), Reverb
line 2: Filter (lowpass), Cab 2, Compressor, Pitch (octave Bass)

all that below 60% and some really cool tones. I set the filters so that I could play chords and have the low notes unaffected (other than compression) while the upper notes went swirling through pitched delays and reverb.

4x10 with a 57 (cab Factory2 - 281) and a 1 x 15 with R121 (cab Factory1 - 582)

[[ I'll post some audio when I can figure it out. Are there any audio files that I can just upload with my reply to a forum post? It won't let me do .mp3 ]]

4x10 with a 57 (cab Factory2 - 281) and a 1 x 15 with R121 (cab Factory1 - 582)

[[ I'll post some audio when I can figure it out. Are there any audio files that I can just upload with my reply to a forum post? It won't let me do .mp3 ]]
I think you need to post to soundcloud or youtube or somethihng then link...

Back
Top Bottom