Any Apple Airtag Users?

I have been given a couple of Air Tags to use for our upcoming overseas trip, BUT i don't have an apple Phone. Is it possible to set the Air Tags up using my sons Iphone here in Australia, and then track the luggage if it gets lost with my daughters Iphone in the UK? Thanks website
You can only use an Airtag for one Apple ID. I suggest to just go ahead and set up the Airtag w/ your son since he needs to be physically present to connect to it. In the event you need to locate your luggage you'll just experience a time delay while your son and daughter exchange info. The only other option would be for your son to allow his sister access to his Apple ID.

Just to touch base after many months, prior to last summer's many month vacation I bought a few of the eufy security tags, got some of the cable keychains that are fricken impossible to cut with regular pliers, and attached them to my suitcase and gig bag and whatnot, and set out. I was very happy when I'd leave wherever we were staying and a minute later my iPhone would ping and tell me I'd left my gear behind. I was able to tell it to trust our friend's house and not ping me, and we'd sometimes laugh, or get frustrated because "Oh, there's ANOTHER notification and I KNOW…" but they were always accurate and never acted up, to the point I bought a bunch and now have them on all my gig bags and suitcases.

Apple's "Find My…" technology worked great, and eufy's version of the tags seems to be great. I'd buy them again but I have more than I need, but that's OK.

I've kept one in each of my guitar cases for some time, and I always throw one in luggage when I travel, which was pretty interesting when Qantas decided that the A 380 that I took from LAX to Brissy was overloaded, and took off 160 bags, including one of mine. I was able to track it all the way home, knew where it was the whole time, made the whole ordeal a lot less stressful.
My cats have them.
I think Apple explicitly says to not do that.

I think Apple explicitly says to not do that.
They don't recommend it, since it wasn't meant to track animals and to avoid liability. For example, you don't always know where they are at. Only if they are near by to your home or near by to someone's iPhone in the neighborhood. If they haven't been home for a whle I can just walk on their route then the airtag will notifiy me if they are near by. It's good enough for me.
If you are ok with that then you can use airtag.

Reactions: rog
Back
Top Bottom