Any amp similar to Tophat Club Deluxe in AX8?

Gasp100

Power User
I can't find a single good clip of the Tophat Club Deluxe amp anywhere. I'm considering a used purchase and I have the AX8. For gigs I was thinking AX8 as virtual board into the Club Deluxe for times when I don't want to go totally DI. Sadly the amp does not have an FX loop so I cannot testing using it as a tube power + cab setup.
Amp is described as "BF Deluxe meets AC15"? Really??? Uses 6v6's. Thoughts?

I don´t really get it. A Tophat Club Deluxe is a quite expensive boutique amplifier. Seems kinda weird to me to buy one if you don´t even know how it sounds. If you just want a clean basic platform for the ax8 I would suggest a hot rod deluxe or something similar.

Try the Komet 60 in the amp blocks. it can get pretty close to the top hat. Also, the nuclear tone amp can be pretty cool.

Last edited:
There is a speaker model--can't remember the number--that is based on the speaker in the Club Deluxe. Pair it up with the Komet (as recommended ^) or try a Morgan or Vox model or maybe an early Marshall model.

There is a speaker model--can't remember the number--that is based on the speaker in the Club Deluxe. Pair it up with the Komet (as recommended ^) or try a Morgan or Vox model or maybe an early Marshall model.
I like to start with the amp in a neutral eq (12 o'clock) and use the looper with a riff and swap out speaker blocks. Usually, Celestion G12 H30, G12m25 or Alnico or a combination and pick what pleases my ears.

Back
Top Bottom