Any advice for a first time AXE FX 2 user?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi all,

My Axe FX 2 is turning up tomorrow, I managed to get one on eBay as an early Xmas present to myself so I'm well excited.

I just wondered if there is anything I should know or do before I turn it on? Obviously I need to hook it up which I'm gonna do via the 4CM. And also update the firmware as well.

Any tips or advice anyone wants to share?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi all,

My Axe FX 2 is turning up tomorrow, I managed to get one on eBay as an early Xmas present to myself so I'm well excited.

I just wondered if there is anything I should know or do before I turn it on? Obviously I need to hook it up which I'm gonna do via the 4CM. And also update the firmware as well.

Any tips or advice anyone wants to share?

Thanks in advance

Paul

preset 382 is a 4CM example. this will probably help you more than any one tip.
also, since you will be using the 4CM the factory patches will have to be modified by adding an effectsloop block.
search 4cm on the forums by typing "*4cm".
I hope that gets you started in the right direction.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
My biggest advice is to avoid freaking out if you're not blown away in the first 10 minutes. Start simply and get your gain structure right via the various input and output levels. It's probably much better with II than it used to be because the low number patches have been simplified to sound basic and good, but the fact that I knew people often struggled at the beginning saved me from bumming out after the first couple of hours of owning my Ultra.

Stock up on nibble food and drink.. once you jack-in, you'll be there a while !

Back
Top Bottom