• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Any A/B Type Switch to Avoid with the Axe?

Josh O

I'm thinking of running an A/+B configuration with my Axe setup and my Bogner Duende. I've many time thought about selling my Duende as it's just sat and collected dust while my Axe/QSC GX3/Mesa 2x12 have ruled the roost but I jacked into the Bogner the other day and I just can't part with it. So I figured, why not run them both, use the Duende as a dry setup, the Axe full wet and maybe run them simultaneously for my own personal wall of sound. There are so many A/B boxes out there so I figured I'd be better suited finding out what to avoid. I used to have a Tonebone Switchbone which was a great A/B switch for two amps, no ground hum on either amp, etc.

Adinfinitum

Experienced
I highly recommend the Radial Hotshot AB-Y. Using any passive A/B Box gets lots of ground hum. With the Hotshot, you can lift the grounds and reverse polarity. Works perfectly - no hum (well, no more hum than you would get otherwise plugging direct). I have several of them to switch my guitar between different amps. I run one so I can switch the Axe and any other amp to A/B them (did this with my Plexi and Hiwatt Axe-FX patches).

Top Bottom