using a 335 (or other semi-hollow body guitar) with a Fractal. I see a lot
of high-gain EVH talk, and a bunch of djenty dudes all gained up with
nowhere to go on the forum, but seldom see anyu discussion about using
a Fractal with something like a 335. So if you are out there i'd love to hear
from you.

Confession: A 335 was my main guitar in a pre-COVID all original gigging
situation, but since getting an FM3 I have literally not plugged my 335 into
it one time. 🤦‍♂️

My first electric was (is) a 1980 Ibanez AS-200, essentially a 335 copy. It sounds great through the AFX, especially for low-mid gain (of course!) although it doesn't get much playing time, mostly because even though I'm 5'8", the body is a bit too large for my tastes. It was my #1 for a number of years until I got my first Strat.

Still a great guitar, and it still plays so smooth - I once had a GIT grad tell me he wished his 335 was as nice as this one - but thinking about trading it out for a smaller Ibanez semi-hollow that I'll get more use out of, or maybe a 339 or PRS. Or just hold on to it for the sentimental value...

Here. It was basically all I would use for years until I got my Gretch Black Falcon. I still prefer the 335. Recently though I purchased a Kiesel SH575 for a few reasons: synth access, piezo, and COIL SPLITS (having coil splits is huge on a semi-hollow body). I've tried solid bodies and can't get into them. You should check out Rhett Shull's video on "one guitar to rule them all" (hint it starts with 3 and ends with 5).

I have an Epi ES-339 that I use for all my "I need one guitar that can cover any style" gigs.

When I take a breather from buying new camera gear, I want to pick up a PRS HBII Piezo to take over that role.

I spend most of my gigging time on clean and "rootsier" low gain tones. My handful of medium and high gain tones are almost all for myself to shred on a lark. For semi-hollow and hollow through Fractal gear (Ax8 and III), I've run an Ibanez Scofield signature (sold), Collings SoCo LC (sold), PRS Hollowbody Spruce, and Anderson chambered tele (my main guitar). The character for each comes through in almost all my patches.

Oh man. 335 used to be my main geetar. I let it go as it was part of a prior life. Would love to get another gibson semi-hollow at some point. In the meantime, i play my heritage 575 (think gibs 175) quite a bit, and it gets me a third of the way there :)

I had an Eastman T59V for a few months. Turns out the larger body and me didn't get tremendously, and I was hoping for a woodier tone from it compared to my other guitars. Fantastic quality, sounded great, but ultimately I traded it towards my PRS MC594. No regrets, and I'm curious to try their 339 size model later.

As for semi-hollows, I do have a PRS SC594 LTD SH that is a blast and a half.

PXL_20210819_231707951.jpg

Back
Top Bottom