Any 335'ers Up In Here??

Lifeson used a Bigsby mercilessly on his 355 but tuning was an issue. You can hear the wound strings creaking across the saddles on FTK leads.

Graphite helps. I use it every time I change guitar strings on the contact points - regardless if it has a whammy or not.
Less noise from the flatwounds I've got on mine at the moment :)

Hey @la szum , just saw Tim Pierce playing this Eastman Romeo LA. I'd never heard of these and thought you might find it interesting also. Those are P90s with covers. Sounds sweet, but of course Tim could make anything sound great. This could possibly justify my buying another semihollow! :p

Hey @la szum , just saw Tim Pierce playing this Eastman Romeo LA. I'd never heard of these and thought you might find it interesting also. Those are P90s with covers. Sounds sweet, but of course Tim could make anything sound great. This could possibly justify my buying another semihollow! :p

Phat Cat P90s and a Les Trem stock?? Wow.

Meh, says the guy who owns multiple guitars that cost triple (or more!) the price of an Eastman. :)
Look in to Eastman they are totally legitimate . Build quality is high and they started life producing high quality traditional orchestral instruments for the professional home market simply because in China western instruments were beyond the price of players in home orchestras . They expanded in to Jazz guitars because of the similarity of construction and then on. To dismiss them as just another Chinese guitar is to totally misunderstand what they are , and that is instruments that are the equal of any Gibson, better mostly.

Look in to Eastman they are totally legitimate . Build quality is high and they started life producing high quality traditional orchestral instruments for the professional home market simply because in China western instruments were beyond the price of players in home orchestras . They expanded in to Jazz guitars because of the similarity of construction and then on. To dismiss them as just another Chinese guitar is to totally misunderstand what they are , and that is instruments that are the equal of any Gibson, better mostly.
The jazz boxes are what put them on my radar.

I'm good. I like my Gibby---and in spite of all the more knowledgeable people in this thread imploring me to reconsider. :)

And if I had a spare $1500+ laying around to spend it would NOT be on a Made in China guitar. Might be a Godin, or another
Charvel, or a Reverend, or a used Gibson or PRS. Not an Eastman. I'd assume resale sucks ass on them, too.

#notsorry :)

I'm good. I like my Gibby---and in spite of all the more knowledgeable people in this thread imploring me to reconsider. :)

And if I had a spare $1500+ laying around to spend it would NOT be on a Made in China guitar. Might be a Godin, or another
Charvel, or a Reverend, or a used Gibson or PRS. Not an Eastman. I'd assume resale sucks ass on them, too.

Resale is good on them, better than PRS as a %. You are using a Chinese computer and phone and half of the worlds economy is predicated on Chinese manufacturing. Good luck trying not to use Chinese products .

I was going to buy a Gibson ES-345, the paint job was horrible at the neck joint for a 3.7K guitar...Went with an Eastman T-486 for less than half the price with ebony fretboard and great paint job, Nothing to envy Gibson

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    784.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    740.6 KB · Views: 11
I was going to buy a Gibson ES-345, the paint job was horrible at the neck joint for a 3.7K guitar...Went with an Eastman T-486 for less than half the price with ebony fretboard and great paint job, Nothing to envy Gibson

Congrats! There are more than enough choices (and price ranges) to keep everyone happy. :)

Back
Top Bottom